Dingle Fishery - Sold???

The Fisheries Uk website is saying that due to the sale of Dingles Fishery it is not open for fishing.

Does anyone know what the situation is with this lovely fishery?

I'd hate to think it's going to become another syndicate water. I only get to go a few times a year but it's probably my favourite because of the way it's looked after, the peacefulness of the location and the quality of the fish.

Apologies if this has been asked before but i tried searching for it and couldn't find anything.

I live a few miles from Dingle and the local word is that the new owner is going to use it as a private, family, fishery. No syndicate, no clubs.

We should remember that this was the situation a few years ago, before it became available to the likes of us. It started as an irrigation pool for the farmland and was fished only by the, then, landowners.

You win some, you lose some.

Ian.

Thanks for the responses.

What a bummer. When i was last down there i was talking to one of the owners and he said that he was looking to sell it as him and his brother were looking at buying another place but would only sell if the right people and price came along.

It'll be a great shame if it is taken off the day ticket circuit. I know there have been some negative posts about the place previously on this forum but i'm not sure if they are connected with the owners before the brothers took over. I've never had any problems there and it would be a shame never to be able to fish the place again.

Hi Jukebox, I've only fished the one nearest the bottom of the sloping field, near the lane. I've had some nice fish from there, nothing huge but all in pristine condition and giving a good scrap. Best around 20lbs. You can night it if you ask politely and don't look or behave like a muppet. One of my son's pals did his first ever overnight session on there and had 12 good fish in a 24 hour session, including his PB at 23lbs.

The pool at the top of the field looks interesting but I'm concerned about the high voltage powerlines/pylons which cross the pool and the lines are very low at that point. Death by electrocution? No thanks.

There is another pool further up Blackgreaves Lane, on the other side of the road and set back, out of sight. I've walked it a couple of times and spotted carp looking to be around 18-20lbs in the margin. Never fished it but it's on my list of things to do.

Ian.

thanks welder :) I was thinking about doing a day or a night on here but I,ve never really seen anyone fishing them so I thoght they might not be much good. Looks like I was wrong lol. I agree with the electric power lines though a bit to close for my liking aswell. One of my customers lives in one of the barn conversions at the top and knows the farmer who owns it so I,ll ask him if he,ll put a word in so I can maybe put a night or 2 in soon. thanks again mate :) j

thanks welder :) I was thinking about doing a day or a night on here but I,ve never really seen anyone fishing them so I thoght they might not be much good. Looks like I was wrong lol. I agree with the electric power lines though a bit to close for my liking aswell. One of my customers lives in one of the barn conversions at the top and knows the farmer who owns it so I,ll ask him if he,ll put a word in so I can maybe put a night or 2 in soon. thanks again mate :) j

J, if you decide to fish the lower pool, set up well back from the water's edge and don't have your rods showing over the water as it's gin clear most of the time and you'll spook the fish The bottom is mostly clay/gravel and is pretty uniform in depth with few features. Some light weed but nothing dreadful. Don't overlook the margin, especially as the light is fading or has gone.

I've had some success using Sonubaits Boosted Wraps in Pineapple and large halibut pellets. Stringers or small PVA bags work for me. Large beds of bait don't. If I'm fishing to the weed I use a PVA nugget on the hook for peace of mind.

Good luck.

Ian.