Broome Pits - Suffolk - Bungay

Hi, Ive recently been doin alot of camping in Bungay (Outley Meadow) and have heard alot about Bromme pits as being a good place to fish for average size carp... im not loking for anything massive but a lake that will good to fish. I went there not long ago on a day trip and managed to have 1 run whcih i missed. i fished the pit to the right of the car park, Pit B i think?! :?

Anyone got any good advice of the lake and if anyone has fished it before??

cheers,

Wardy

hi mate i`ve fished broome pit`s alot this season if it`s run`s you want to fish c pit which is the old kidney pit lot`s of fish up to just doubles with some nice tench good chance of gettin 10 to 15 fish a day from there if you want bigger fish then the lake you fished b pit has fish to mid 30`s and there are a lot of fish to go for although this lake does get busy with weekend`s being a bit of a nightmare and i think im right in saying the back lake d pit is the real headbanger of a water with some real monster`s in it but but it is HARD there are no carp in the pit on the left of the carpark this is the lake with the big tench (poss doubles) and big bream

ok cheers mate. I'm fishing it this Sat night so hopefully I wil get something out of there?!

What do you suggest bait wise... a friend who fished it told me not to use bright bollies but natural colour ones i.e Activ-8 etc.. and to use sweetcorn, meat which i havent used in ages!! lol. i was thinking either swim feeder/method feeder possibly?!

alot of people have told me about D pit being very HARD and the first pit opposite the car park being the lake for tench, bream etc.

not really on c pit there is a nice bar about 40yrds out in front of the first 2 big swims you come to righthand corner and some nice little gravel spots up the righthand margin or if you fish the lefthandside there is another bar about the same distance out that is c shaped this lake is deep with about 12 to 14 ft of water and about 8 ft on top of the bars there is a little bit of scruffy weed in places too but a bait on the gravel will get you plenty of bites good luck let me know how you get on!!!

• 10 years later...

I have fished c pit(kidney) on numerous occasions I have had several ton bags of fish .I am not a regular carp angler but a match fisherman .I fished peg 16 recently had 40+lbs of silver with the odd carp fishing ground bait feeder with either 4dead maggots or worm caster cocktail fished 30yrds out