Where to fish in October?

whiteymoza

I am planning a short session trip some time in October with my younger brother and dad to celebrate my brothers return from Afghanistan.

I am looking for a reasonably priced lake within about 3 hours of Calais that fishes fairly well in October (preferably located to the south). I'm not overy bothered about the size that the fish run up to as long as we are not going to be catching lower doubles/singles constantly. One of the main issues is that my brother and father are not experienced with many of the finer points of carp fishing such as rig mechanics, bait placement, feature finding or finding the fish themselves so it would have to be a reasonably easy lake to fish at this time of the year and not be too large but also provide myself with some kind of chalenge and target to fish for. Basically a lake of 3-8 acres in size which will not be too busy, with varying depths, good selection of swims, good scenery and a good head of reasonably sized fish which are not over pressured.

Does anybody have any sugestions? This would probably be for a Thursday/Friday-Sunday/Monday trip

Hi Fella, I am sure that there would be some venues that would offer your brother free fishing. If he has been out in Afghanistan on duty then he deserves a good bit of rest and relaxation. I'm sorry that we are to big and a little to far for you, hope someone comes through for you we owe a lot to our lads in the armed forces. Have a good time mate wherever you end up.

[

Give genesis a try.

Me and my 14yr old son had a great week there.

fish up to 33lb, not big fish but we had 63 fish on the bank and lost alot more.

You will all have a great week there.

Eddy the owner will put you right, and val does some lovely food.

It's a little further than you want to drive, but it's an easy drive, located in normandy