SIBSON fishery Wansford PETERBOROUGH??

colc08

Hi can anyone provide me with any info on Sibson fisheries @ Wansford Nr peterborough.

Anyone fished there or know the sizes of fish and what spiecies are stocked there.

Discovered this place the other day but would like to know a little about it before i fish it.

Does look very nice though!

Look forward to hearing something

Cheers guys

yes mate, i know a bit.

lots of doubles and fair few twenties and a possible a thirty unless its done one already. not sure on how many but but id say its rammed,(ask Don the bailiff)but that don't mean its easy,some days its the best runs water around if your on the fish and then for weeks it can seem dead like someones moved the fish

the are tench and bream but they don't come out much ,one bream came out at over 10lb

they closed the track around it so you need a barrow, which kept the numbers down last year compared to when you could drive around ,so its quite

it cost about £100 a year or £15 a night

the only down side is they use it to water the potatoes, so a loud pumps runs some years and emptys half the lake, good for feature finding thro.

Hi BEANZ

Thanks for the reply mate.

Sounds quite tempting. Presuming by the sounds of that that you fish there a bit.

Is it a day ticket water too?

Think i'm going to have a wander down there saturday afternoon and have a proper look as only popped my head in the other day. Hopfully speak to someone, if anyones about.

Whats the biggest you've had your self?

yes its day ticket.

iv fish it a bit last year and was my main lake for a few years before . my biggest is 24lb , it holds a lot of fully or near fully scaled mirrors.

i know a 29lber came out a year or so back.

the numbers 01733 782621 if need it

Cheers mate,

Yes i think i'll give it a go at the weekend. I had a wander on saturday gone and it looks nice.

Spoke to a couple of chaps that were fishing and seemed really friendly so was impressed.

Am looking for somewhere else to fish as i am in a small private syndicate on some estate lakes and our season only runs untill the end of september due to the pheasant/partridge shooting on the estate.

Sibson does seem like it will cater for my needs so thanks again.