Yew Tree on Waveney Valley

Got a late booking on yew tree lake pegs 6,7 and 8 for a week don't normaly go anywhere without doing a lot of research but circumstances ment this was the only place i could find that looked half decent.Just after a few do's and dont's really but any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Gaz

Got a late booking on yew tree lake pegs 6,7 and 8 for a week don't normaly go anywhere without doing a lot of research but circumstances ment this was the only place i could find that looked half decent.Just after a few do's and dont's really but any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Gaz

Welcome to the Forum.

6,7,8, sounds like the "Wooded" bank from memory, but I'm not totally sure, its a long time since I've been there. You get booked into your pegs and can't move on Yew Tree, unless a swim is free, which really puts Stalking them down. The Carp do move about the Lake, as do the Catfish, but the Carp can be seen as they move. You will pretty much know if you are in the right area as they do show up in the water and give themselves away. Cats can and will take Fish based baits, and scrap like heck, even the smaller ones, although the carp will take the same baits :!: , and I know that Trigga did work on there.

The majority of anglers fish TIGHT to the emergent features, which are pretty obvious, islands etc. When you cast if you are on the pylon bank, be very careful with your casting, as the pylons do eat up tackle, as do the trees on the islands.

Check the Current Rules very carefully as the Bailiffs can be very strict :!:

Thanks for taking the time to reply,from the map i have been sent the pegs seem to be furthest away from the main road at the marsh lake,heartesmere? end of the lake.Is it a clear or coloured lake?What is the bottom made up of?Sorry if i sound like i want too much info but small things can help in what gear to take(it's a long way from the northwest)

Thanks

Gaz

Thanks for taking the time to reply,from the map i have been sent the pegs seem to be furthest away from the main road at the marsh lake,heartesmere? end of the lake.Is it a clear or coloured lake?What is the bottom made up of?Sorry if i sound like i want too much info but small things can help in what gear to take(it's a long way from the northwest)

Thanks

Gaz

Now you're asking something, its such a long time since I fished it that I can't really remember the make up of the bottom :shock: , although I seem to remember it was fairly hard bottomed, a few silt patches.

It seemed to have a bit of a tinge, not majorly coloured, you could make out the fish about 30cms under the surface at 30metres range, but not the exact size or enough to identify them.

hi mate im a regular at waveney i fish it every other week peg`s 678 are on thefront bank these are the only day ticket swim`s so you will not be able to move anywhere else on the lake peg 6 is a very shallow swim with only about 2 foot of water with a small island in front of you it`s the worst swim out of the 3 with swim 8 being the better swim you have plenty of gravel spot`s in front of you and in front of peg 7 you have another island abouty 40 yard`s in front o0f you it`s fished it head off this season with catfish average lb 30 and load`s of carp ranging from mid doubles to low 20`s with 1 fish a common that last came out at 37lb plus a couple of other common`s close to 30lb best advice is to go in with a real smelly fishmeal or halibut pellet`s but don`t go to mad on the bait hope this help`s

hi mate i would say there are about 60 catfish and around 150 to 180 carp but they are fairly easy to catch i`ve had some mad session`s on there including 8 cat`s in a night 2 cat`s on at the same time 2 carp on at the same time i`ve had a lot of fish on manline`s active 8 and dynamite`s chilli and tuna when are you going? thinking back to my thread yesterday peg 6 is a very poor peg to fish because of the lay out of the lake if you have people in 7 and 8 they tend to cut peg 6 off when you used to be able to fish the whole lake it was alway`s the last 1 to go if you need anymore help let me know in fack i fished peg 8 at the weekend and had 5 carp biggest 22lb and 2 cat`s 34lb and 37.8lb