safe rig ?

armobeast

I have only been fishing for just over a year although i have been generally successful reading some of these threads about ejecting leads etc has made me wonder if my rig is safe .

I use a about three foot of rig tubing with a rubber bead either side a small running lead and the barbless hair rig tied to the end .

If you could confirm im if im doing anything wrong it would put my mind at rest...........Cheers

That seems fine to me mate. I take it your putting the lead over the tubing and then a bead either side of the lead? All you gotta do is think if a fish snaps me what will the fish be trailing around. And all you want really is the hooklink with no lead attached to it. But in all the years carp fishing i dont think ive ever been snapped fishing on the bottom.

Guest Anonymous

I don't bother with the bead on the back of the lead. That only does any good if it's fairly tight so it acts as a bolt rig. I don't do that for a couple of reasons. 1) It makes the rig more complicated & therefore could contribute to the rig not ejecting the lead successfully. I know it's highly unlikely but I would rather lose a fish than think I may be making one die & 2) I'm close enough to my rods so as not to need the fish to self hook.