Korda hybrid coated braid

evans

Is it a new spool of it? if so I would think that Korda have sorted the problem, but if you are using a spool that could be fairly old, I wouldn't use it if I were you. It was obviously a big problem, as so many had the problem

https://forum.carp.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=15933&highlight=korda+hybrid

Guest Anonymous

hi all. i have started using korda hybrid coated braid but finding hard to strip. the only way i can strip it is with my teeth but this is damaging the braid. do any of you have any ideas

cheers

tight lines

evans

Try heating it up with steam first mate, this will soften it and make it easier to strip:)

Guest terrypearce

Heat up and then use your nails, easy.

They have fixed the problems with it now. They recalled and replaced any that had probs and replaced it free with the 20lb. But now its fine.

I've still got a spool of the dodgy 15lb stuff, do you recon they will exchange it now?

Should do.I sent back 19.90 metres of PVA 4 season micromesh that was still intact after 24 hours in the water!! To be fair they replaced it but I steer clear of their products now wherever possible.Problems with wide gape hooks,PVA and Hybrid due to being unable to cope with demand generated by underwater DVDs and sourcing inadequate alternative suppliers.

I always found if you actually put the Hybrid in boiling water using forceps obviously it softened the fluorocarbon coating to suffiently strip it back just using my nails.

• 3 months later...

Alrite guys?

Im thinking of using korda hybrid aswell but the lake i fish is very silty and ive herd when fishing very stiff rigs (such as korda hybrid) you should always fish them on a hard bottem.

Do you think there is any where round this so i coud fish hybrid on a silt bottem im thinking a helicopter rig setup??

Cheers, Ben

Alrite guys?

Im thinking of using korda hybrid aswell but the lake i fish is very silty and ive herd when fishing very stiff rigs (such as korda hybrid) you should always fish them on a hard bottem.

Do you think there is any where round this so i coud fish hybrid on a silt bottem im thinking a helicopter rig setup??

Cheers, Ben

Hi Mate,

Don't just fish a Hooklink material because you "want to" unless you are confident of its abilities first.

Before I use a Hooklink material "In Anger", it gets subjected to loads of tests. Abrasion Resistance, Sheer Resistance, Breaking Strain, how it knots and the best knot for it. All get bench and Tank Tested.

About the Only hooklink material I didn't test like this was Amnesia, but I have been using it for Sea Fishing for so long I was confident in it already.

The reason to avoid a Stiffer style rig in silt is that for a Stiff rig to work effectively it should be fairly short in my opinion

cheers for your reply salokcinnodrog. Yer your right i shouldnt just randomy try hooklinks out but ive recently been using a lot of supple braids and to be honest im totally fed up with the tangles especially when casting 80 yards+.

So ive decided to give Hybrid a try because of its stiff outer coating. I was thinking of using a stiff flurocarbon like IQ but that would be even more of a change from my supple braids!!!

Going for a day session on friday to test the hybrid out ill let you know how i get on. Do you, or anyone else reading this use it much, if so what do you think??

Thanks a lot, Ben

Do you, or anyone else reading this use it much, if so what do you think??

Thanks a lot, Ben

I've used it and didn't get on with it Ben. I just found that it snapped a lot and had no confidence. I always steamed the knots into place and did it gently but I had a few hooklinks snap about in the middle of them and that was it for me - in the bin.

Each to their own. Lots of anglers swear by it and have never had problems but for me, not thank you :cry:

cheers for your reply salokcinnodrog. Yer your right i shouldnt just randomy try hooklinks out but ive recently been using a lot of supple braids and to be honest im totally fed up with the tangles especially when casting 80 yards+.

So ive decided to give Hybrid a try because of its stiff outer coating. I was thinking of using a stiff flurocarbon like IQ but that would be even more of a change from my supple braids!!!

Going for a day session on friday to test the hybrid out ill let you know how i get on. Do you, or anyone else reading this use it much, if so what do you think??

Thanks a lot, Ben

Hi Mate,

I've been using a lot of Kryston SuperMantis and Mantis Gold. That has a stiff outer coating and a supple inner and found no problems with it. I found its Breaking Strain very consistent compared to the Korda Hybrid. I have seen Hybrid part for no apparent reason, whereas the Mantis has played fish around snags and rubbed against them with no problems.

In fact one fish I played at Ardleigh actually ran around a Buoy and I had to play it back round it. The Buoy was either Chain or rope covered in Mussels and I played it back. The Mainline was fragged, but the outer coating on the Mantis was worn, but didn't break and the Inner core was intact.

Im a member of a colchester club at the mo!

Well anyway going back to the hybrid i'm a bit confused are you sposed to have a loop in the lead end of the hybrid with a swival on that, or do you tie the hybrd strait onto the swival with no loop?

Ive bin trying to work it out for ages now cant find much about it on the net or this forum, would realy appriciate an answer to this!!

Thanks vey much , Ben

Im a member of a colchester club at the mo!

Well anyway going back to the hybrid i'm a bit confused are you sposed to have a loop in the lead end of the hybrid with a swival on that, or do you tie the hybrd strait onto the swival with no loop?

Ive bin trying to work it out for ages now cant find much about it on the net or this forum, would realy appriciate an answer to this!!

Thanks vey much , Ben

Whatever you prefer Mate.

The loop allows a bit of flexibility and movement around the swivel, but if you don't have the loop you have instant "Hit" from the Lead!

Plus you can also use those ringed swivels.

I just don't trust the knots strength of Hybrid after testing it in my Garage!