going back tonight

im going back for a 24 hour stint should arrive by 7 pm there should be a good wind into the bay for the next 24 hours according to the bbc weather service and i feel lucky. will up date when i get back 8)

Where? good luck.

on arrival came up to see me. he was a right gent and remembered me from the last time. i paid for my ticket 20.00 for 3 rods and was informed that if i stayed for 48 hours then it would only be another 5.00 so that's 25.00 for 48 hours fishing. very reasonable.

He even asked where i was fishing and then proceeded to point out a few hot spots in my swim. i cast the rods to these spots and settled in for the night. then the trouble started. i cast my rigs to the desired spots and set up my bobbins slack style which is a style of fishing i have been using a lot especially after the korda range of videos.

my bobbins would not settle. they were bleeping a lot and then finally settling, then i would have more bleeping but not a take. i thought of everything as to what the problem could be. wind - NO, line bites - NO i was on the bottom totally slack

i had a 3 second toner at 1am to then find the line empty? what was going on. i noticed that there is a lot of terrapins in Dartford some the size of dinner plates maybe it was them it was only when i had got home did the penny drop. i was having a brew in the garden and i was looking through a few old series of carp world and there before me was an article all about bite indication and the guy writing the article had suffered just like i did it was only when he locked up really tight even with the rod bent under tension did he solve his bouncing bobbins and he caught everything that touched his bait as the tension on the rod tip hooked the fish on the first take after the fish tried to use the lead to dislodge the rig.

So It was the way i was fishing. Slack lines are great for a lot of situations but at Dartford the fish are to Wiley for that. they had been picking up the bait and when they were hooked they just sat there shaking there heads until the hook came out. this would explain the bouncing bobbins for most the night. next time i am going to fish with heavy leads locked tight and if the fish even as much as sniff it ill nail em.

Yet again the lake was tidy well looked after no rubbish and all were very friendly i cant wait to get back again