I need a new lake!

i have been fishing weeley lakes in essex for the last 4-5 months, but last month the lakes had a massive fish kill and most of the decent fish mainly carp died. So now i need to find a new day ticket carp water near mannigtree or weeley (or roughly that area less than 30 mins from manningtree). thanks

Guest Anonymous

Why don't you join Paxmans Angling Club?

£50 a year, 8-10 waters, 2 of which are in St. Osyth & 5 of which are within 15 miles of you...

I can help with membership if you like?

Any reason for not joing a club? It will save you loads in the long run.. I know it seems abit to pay out straight away, but if you think about it.. On avarage a 10 pound a day, you will only need to do 5 day session's on the club water's to have paid for itself, and then you still have the rest of the year fishing for free (sort off :lol: )

One of the clubs near me let the younger members pay in 2 instalments, maybe some near you do the same? :wink:

Guest Anonymous
no as im only 16 id rather stick to day ticket for now thnx though.

:roll: What exactly do you want :? I'm sorry to sound offish but I just don't get it, sorry.

What has your age got to do with it? 16 is old enough to join Paxmans or CAPS.

You actually want to pay £15 a night for some dirty rubbish ridden lake where the fish are all in bad condition rather than join a club...

To fish 365 days will cost you £5475 on day ticket or £45 for Paxmans.... now let me think which I'd prefer...... :roll:

Ok, next suggestion, try the little pond behind Weeley caravan site, they were brought up on chips & left overs from the cafe for years so please don't ask me about bait :lol:

Or fish Holland Brook for free :?

no as im only 16 id rather stick to day ticket for now thnx though.

:roll: What exactly do you want :? I'm sorry to sound offish but I just don't get it, sorry.

What has your age got to do with it? 16 is old enough to join Paxmans or CAPS.

You actually want to pay £15 a night for some dirty rubbish ridden lake where the fish are all in bad condition rather than join a club...

To fish 365 days will cost you £5475 on day ticket or £45 for Paxmans.... now let me think which I'd prefer...... :roll:

Ok, next suggestion, try the little pond behind Weeley caravan site, they were brought up on chips & left overs from the cafe for years so please don't ask me about bait :lol:

Or fish Holland Brook for free :?

And you ask about Ardleigh Reservoir ( https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41888 ), which although they do Day Tickets, for serious Carp Fishing you will likely need to do nights, and the cost of a season ticket is close on £200 for a year.

CAPS or Paxmans is a lot better than a water that has limited stocks in a Hellhole, which a number of the Day tickets waters are in that area.

30 minutes from Manningtree, hmmm! look up Suffolk Waters. I know for a fact that if you are so insistent on Day Tickets then a number near to Ipswich are in that time limit.

If not then I'll give you the fun of Essex Waters:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=38888&highlight=essex

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=24979&highlight=essex