Need Massive Help! Tackle-up fisheries kirton hall lake

Do you mean Kirton Hall near Felixstowe in Suffolk?

If so, then there is no substitute for spending time on the water watching and looking for the fish. The shallow margins on the High bank mean that the fish do not come in particularly close.

Fish often hang around the Pump, and the narrow end, but the swans did make fishing difficult up there.

I have only fished it a few times, but every time I found the fish at the narrow end it was floater time, until the swans came along. :roll:

Baitwise I'm not really sure what has been working on there. It didn't respond to bright pop-ups on any of my day trips. I never had the chance to get the fish really confident in any bait as it was only a "quick" trip just to see what it was like. The Bailiff was only really interested in getting his Day Ticket money and not giving out information.

It may pay to get a food bait properly established as I have never seen any of the same anglers on there other than the Match Anglers

ok thanks alot i will leave my pineapple pop ups at home lol

It may be worth trying them. I didn't have any takes on them, but I haven't spent much time learning the water. All my sessions were only Day trips and have been limited, and seemed to be in the early part of the year up to April/May.

Other than a few fish on floaters at the shallows I saw more fish hanging around the pump near the Dam wall (a bright white ghostie giving the game away), but it does not look like a safe area to fish as there were a few snags in the form of pump, a platform and some branches on the lakebed.

hey mate i'm based in ipswich and have fished it several times. my cousin is a night member there. its all source or cell pop ups against the reeds with a few freebies scattered. heavy silt so long hooklink. thats a guarenteed run every hour. try fishing against the stump halfway along. locked up tight and sit right on your rods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they do take floaters but theyr pretty finicky, especially the ghosties as every joker bangs a controller on their head

• 1 month later...
I have only fished it a few times, but every time I found the fish at the narrow end it was floater time, until the swans came along. :roll:

Baitwise I'm not really sure what has been working on there. It didn't respond to bright pop-ups on any of my day trips. I never had the chance to get the fish really confident in any bait as it was only a "quick" trip just to see what it was like. The Bailiff was only really interested in getting his Day Ticket money and not giving out information.

It may pay to get a food bait properly established as I have never seen any of the same anglers on there other than the Match Anglers

So what baliff only wants the day ticket money? Come to the shop and ask any info and you will get the info you require. We have 25 night members who fish for the carp, 15 of which are regulars (most night fish weekends) Source works well as do floaters, and they certainly are not finiky! Pile the bait in of particles and boilies and you swim will be full of fish rolling over your bait and run after run. (10kg paticles and 2-4 kilo bolie should do the trick) Shallow water can be a pain with the swans so towards the middle in 6/7 ft of water keeps them off yer back. Hope this helps ya out :D