willesley lake ????

i havnt had any thing from willesley only fished it once will be the second time sunday i am going to get a season ticket for it though as there is so many nice fish in there i havnt fished anywere else in leicester as of yet not fished for a few years i am going to do a session on navies pit wigston at some point for some strange reason i keep getting the urge to fish it it could be because my pb came from there i would defo give willesley a bash though mate

i will let you know mate when i get back monday with some pictures hopefully i know what you mean about navies its still not the best place needs alot of work but dave doesnt want to it so will stay the way it is unfortunately could be a nice place with the right work done to it

your not wrong mate they were just cruising up and down all day and through the night im going to leave it for a few weeks before i return the place was packed when me and my mate got there at 5:30 sunday morning there as only three swims available

your not wrong mate they were just cruising up and down all day and through the night im going to leave it for a few weeks before i return the place was packed when me and my mate got there at 5:30 sunday morning there as only three swims available

I know mate me and 2 of my mates turned up at about 6:15 and well I was knackered after all the walking trying and trying to get swims which were close to each other and fishable lol! where abouts was you fishing?

I was down there on sunday aswell. I actually went and chatted to 2 guys who said they got there early on sunday morning. We were watching carp cruse past the swim and i left them with a few dog biscuits. This wasnt any of you two (carlsg or speersy26) was it?

It was just too hot for the carp tbh. Although I watched one guy haul in a beauty 24lb common from by the island at around 10 am

wasnt me louis speersy i was on wood bank buddy i think you and your mate started on the swim that looked like a picnic table lol think i spoke to you a couple of times im going to leave them alone now for 3 or 4 weeks to spawn then il hit again now i have my season ticket :D

• 2 weeks later...

I don't usually get back from work until 6:30pm but could get to Willesley for 7:00pm. I thought it might be worth going down here for a couple of hours during the week. What time can you fish here on a day ticket? I've only been the once to here when it was in the middle of winter just after the lake thawed and to say it was slow would be an understatement! Does anyone reckon it would be worth it? I would be traveling light targeting the margins mostly and generally trying to keep on top of showing fish. I'm very eager to get out since I haven't been fishing in over 2 weeks.

• 10 months later...
Any upto date info?

Planning on doing a sesh here next week

Joe, If you can you should go midweek, it's getting very busy at weekends.

Ian

How busy ian? i wsas thinking of doing sat night and sunday night? theres 2 of us, will it be that busy that we will struggle for pegs next to each other?

Thanks

Any upto date info?

Planning on doing a sesh here next week

Joe, If you can you should go midweek, it's getting very busy at weekends.

Ian

How busy ian? i wsas thinking of doing sat night and sunday night? theres 2 of us, will it be that busy that we will struggle for pegs next to each other?

Thanks

Joe, two approaches. Either get there serious early and claim the swims you want or arrive later and hope that the swims you'd prefer are occupied by day anglers who will vacate and allow you to move in for your overnighters.

I wish you luck, regardless.

Ian