Pop ups

carpmandan

you can attatch them like a normal bottom bait if you wish, on a knotless knot rig, but they may lose bouyancy as to being punctured.

another way of attatching them is by using a d-rig.you tie a knotless knot rig, and make a hair abou 2-inches long without a loop. you then thread on a rig ring, pas the hair back through the eye of a hook and blob it down with a lighter. you then tie on the bait to the rig, using dental floss or weak line, ie 4lbs.

maybe someone with more knowledge of d rigs can explain them better, as i rarely use them.

i am more confident in just using a standard hair rig for mounting them, as i don't leave baits on for more than 2 hours, and nash say their pop ups don't loose bouyancy due to puncturing.

tight lines

courtz

when a hookbait is on the hair it will be cast 90 degrees from the shank of the hook, this means that the hook is less detectable secondly due to the hook pointing downwards it will neatly catch the bottom lip of the carp as it exits the mouth, maximising hooking effect

For pop-ups try tying a loop at the end of the hair using a Uni or Grinner knot. Then put a pop-up bait in the loop and tighten it down. You can then just put the hook on with a Normal Knotless knot.:wink:

Easy enough to change the bait then:D

I don't think that any bait that is punctured will stay the same as you are making a spot where water can get into the Bait.

That is the same for bottom baits or Pop-ups.

Look how soft bottom baits can get after being put on the hair and taking in water.

The only time I really use a D-rig is with Snowman presentations, although it does work well with Pop-ups. I just use Pop-ups so infrequently on my Normal water because I want my Hookbait to be the same as my Free Offerings.

It also depends on the depth of water your fishing if you fish avery deep area your pop up will not be as bouyant as the pressure on the outside of the bait will increase with depth making its bouyancy time shorter if you get me.

The extra Water Pressure speeding up the Ingress of water into the Bait you mean and pushing the Air out?

No I don't understand in the slightest:p :D :D :D