how to do a shock leader help please!!!

wurzey

Its what it says it is. Imagine using 10 lb mainline and casting 5oz method ball 70 yards. For any long range casting you should consider using a shock leader of 30lb plus, I use fox tapered leader so its about 50lb down to about 20 lb and about 20 feet long. I once cast a 3.5 ounce lead with no leader and gave it some real stick, it broke off and this missile must have travelled 150 yards straight over the lake!! Hope this helps

As Courtz says, 10lb of Leader Strength per ounce of Lead wiith Nylon Leaders, but if you decide to use a Braided Shockleader then DOUBLE that, as there is NO stretch. Also with a Braided Leader I would recommend using a Finger Stall.

I use Drennan 40lb Greased Weasel in Grey or Amnesia for Shockleaders, but other people recommend Tapered Leaders. I have tried them but can't get on with them

If you don't use a Shockleader then steveofar has highlighted what happens with a CrackOff, and a Crackoff can travel FOUR OR FIVE times or even more the distance of your normal cast. So imaging you are casting 120metres, a Crackoff could travel 600metres, that is nearly HALF a MILE.