Sumners pond

im going on thursday this week 28 May ..

does anyone know if they're are any matches on this day ?

also what tactics does everyone reckon will work to catch a double?

thanks a lot ... :)

i just got back today. me and my mate been on for 3 days and 3 nights and we had 35fish. we had 4 doubles and the biggest was only 12lb. the baliff told me that the biggens have been spawning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fished Sumners Ponds Saturday just gone. Started on the small pond which let me say was packed solid by 7am and fished through to noon with just one run resulting in a small carp, didn't even catch anything with float and maggots.

Spoke to the bailiff and he said that its been like it for a while now!

Then went with my son to the new 'silver fish' lake and floated corn, maggot, meat (basically anything) and caught a fish a cast! Tench, Golden Tench, Skimmers, Roach, Rudd, Chub and small Barbel all perfect with the biggest tench about 10inchs long about 1lb to 2lb but plenty of them. Great fun, as we had the ledgers set up we tried them but in 6 hours only had one run and 1 fish so float is better, the bailiff came round again and he said that float is the only way!

If anyone wants a fun day you have got to try this out. :)

Fished the match lake today with son and daughter. Great Day!

Worth phoning the venue to see if the match lake is free of matches as its normally ok to fish as long as everyone is profesional.

Meat fished the best today but also caught on corn, maggot and boilie. Float fished about 2 foot out! Bailiff suggested this and be sure it worked, only about 2 foot deep aswell.

Caught Barbel to 2lb, Chub about 1/2lb, Roach and Rudd to 3/4lb and Carp biggest today was 7lb but had loads (about 30) between my son and me. Would have been a good size bag if keepnets were allowed.

Bailiff said the small pond is fishing better now after spawning messed it up a bit lately.

Happy fishing :D:D

• 4 weeks later...