barbless hook

gifted

hi guys my new syndicate for next season has a barbless hook rule and i would never dream of breaking rules but after using the good old wide gapes (barbed) for so long im a little lost. crushed barb is also banned so im looking at one of the esp barbless i guess? but which pattern. im open to suggestions but im looking for a bottom and pop up pattern both of which give good hook holds and most of all ultra ultra and i mean ultra sharp cheers every1

Have a look at Carp-R-Us Nailers, they are available in Barbed and Barbless.

I used them at Earith a couple of years ago, due to the Barbless only Rule. I liked them so much after use that I use them for a lot of my fishing now by choice. Over 2 years I had 1hookpull on them, and that could have been my fault as I put a lot of pressure on to hold a fish away from a reedbed. (may have been a rig problem though). Either way after lengthening the hair I didn't lose another fish. In 2 seasons I lost count of the fish I landed on them it was so many. The biggest Carp I landed on them was a 25lb Common, with no problems

Longshank Nailer for Pop-ups and ordinary Nailer for Bottom Baits.

since switching to ESP big-T's (barbless), i've not had single hookpull yet, on fish to upper doubles.

if i was you i would stay WELL CLEAR of the ESP T-6 hooks in you're likely to catch carp around 10-15lb.

On my first session of using them, and not bullying the fish i lost 2 out of 4 fish due to hook pulls, and the ones i landed the hook had damaged the lip quite a bit.

so both packs of hooks went straight in the bin

since switching to Big-T's all the fish are hooked well, and the hook doesn't move around in the lip.

they're also teflon coated to provide anti-reflective properties

tight lines

courtz

hmmm..... G hard eh? i heard of these £10 plus a pack arent they?

What is so good about these are they barbless too Chris. Thanks for the info Courtz but not sure i feel confident using esp hooks and as for the wide gape B's (korda) i have lost quite a few fish on them but havent had too many problems with the normal wide gapes more info required guys i want a strong hook too as my syndicate is weedy too