Portugal the home of the giant carps!

fishmaster

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That lake/reservoir is called Castelo de Bode and until they opened up Alqueva it was the biggest mass of freshwater in Portugal. It's a pig of a place to fish, but when and if you get it right, it can produce some whackers.

iberiancarpa, where on the Algarve are you?

Have you ever tried Santa Clara just over on the north side of the Monchique range? Some whackers in there too, but as with Castelo de Bode, a right pig of a place.

That lake/reservoir is called Castelo de Bode and until they opened up Alqueva it was the biggest mass of freshwater in Portugal. It's a pig of a place to fish, but when and if you get it right, it can produce some whackers.

iberiancarpa, where on the Algarve are you?

Have you ever tried Santa Clara just over on the north side of the Monchique range? Some whackers in there too, but as with Castelo de Bode, a right pig of a place.

Castelo de Bode has been on my List of places I want to fish. I hear there are some big lumps in there.

I have fished Santa Clara but never caught anything over 15lb. It is the sort of place that you need a few weeks on, to suss out, due to it's size.

I live near Lagos.

Where abouts do you fish?