Club/Syndicate wanted within driving distance of Stockport

I'm looking for a club/syndicate within a short driving distance of Stockport. I'm after a nice carp water(s) with no public walking about/dog walkers etc, somewhere that i can fish nights and doesn't have the risk of getting my tackle pinched *ouch* :shock:

I regularly travel to places like Macclesfield and Congleton or Warrington and Northwich to various day ticket waters so 30(ish) miles driving is the norm' but i wouldn't want to be travelling for more than an hour regularly to fish. I know some very nice day ticket waters but it can work out quite costly over a year when fishing regularly so would rather join a club/syndicate now i think. Also i've started to get sick of seeing rubbish and discarded tackle left on the bank side of day ticket waters.

If anyone can suggest anywhere then i'd be grateful. Thanks in advance.

I've just done a search for Doddington and they seem to have a lot of association with Cudmore, is it the same people who own it? Cudmore are my pet hate as far as day ticket waters and commercial fisheries are concerned and are a big factor in me wanting to join a club now. On my last visit to Cudmore the bank sides of ALL the lakes were littered in rubbish and as a result the place was crawling with rats. I bagged my rubbish up as i normally do and took it with me at the end of my session to put in the bin near to the reception/shop/cafe area (only because there are no bins provided near to the lakes) only to be told that i can't put my rubbish in the bin and i have to take it with me, "you're joking" i said "you mean you don't provide bins for your paying customers?" i asked surprised, "nope" replied the bloke working at the time, "well no wonder this place is like a rubbish dump then" i said as i walked out, the place is a joke.

Sorry about that, rant over.

Wouldn't bother with Doddington. The fish may not be there for much longer.

where are they going to, It would be shame to take them out of there natural habitat as they all look to be in perfect condition, only seen photos of a few though.

where are they going to, It would be shame to take them out of there natural habitat

It would be madness. Cyril Brewster thinks it would be a good idea to relocate Carp from their 68 acre home, that's full of natural food & receives very little pressure, to a 6 acre pond near by. Then make it day ticket.

It's all about the money. Sod the Carp :roll:

its shocking really,

there was a time when money used to rule me, but i saw the error of my ways, its not the be all and end all, but its still important!

where are they going to, It would be shame to take them out of there natural habitat

It would be madness. Cyril Brewster thinks it would be a good idea to relocate Carp from their 68 acre home, that's full of natural food & receives very little pressure, to a 6 acre pond near by. Then make it day ticket.

It's all about the money. Sod the Carp :roll:

Yeah there's not an awful lot to choose from really, plus I've done the day tickets to death.

Think I'm going to go for either Warrington or Lymm, they're the favourites at the moment anyway.

Now i haven't renewed with Warrington as of yet but there waters do get very busy, places like Grey Mist are always busy with the same people getting all the pegs all of the time, so think long and hard my mate.

Sale Water Park on the other hand is a good water in the way you don't need to book to fish plus you can stay for as long as you like and there are some big fish in there with big cats to boot just takes time to get use to it.

Now i haven't renewed with Warrington as of yet but there waters do get very busy, places like Grey Mist are always busy with the same people getting all the pegs all of the time, so think long and hard my mate.

So is it hard to get on the waters then? Because that's what i was afraid of, the thought of paying just £40 per annum for a choice of good waters seems ideal, but would i be able to get on whenever i turn up? I'm afraid of paying my £80 to join and getting all geared up only to find the lake(s) is/are full when i arrive.

Do you know anything about Lymm Anglers? I assume they are a very popular club too?

Never fancied Sale Water Park due to it's past security issues. Plus it's the day ticket prices again.

So is it hard to get on the waters then? Because that's what i was afraid of, the thought of paying just £40 per annum for a choice of good waters seems ideal, but would i be able to get on whenever i turn up? I'm afraid of paying my £80 to join and getting all geared up only to find the lake(s) is/are full when i arrive.

Do you know anything about Lymm Anglers? I assume they are a very popular club too?

Never fancied Sale Water Park due to it's past security issues. Plus it's the day ticket prices again.

Now don't worry about Sale as it is perfectly fine and that is or was last season £50 so price is right up there and you get 45 acre's to go at don't know to much about Lymm so can't comment. Do you night fish cos you can add another 15 sheets with Warrington what size carp are you after then we now where to send you.

Now don't worry about Sale as it is perfectly fine and that is or was last season £50 so price is right up there and you get 45 acre's to go at don't know to much about Lymm so can't comment. Do you night fish cos you can add another 15 sheets with Warrington what size carp are you after then we now where to send you.

Oh right, i didn't realise that you could get a season ticket for sale, i thought it was just a day/night ticket place. Has it been sorted out now then because i'd heard a few stories about people getting their tackle stolen a couple of years back.

Yep i do night fish but that extra cost isn't an issue when compared to what i will save over a season compared to day ticket places.

Not overly fussed about catching massive fish but on the other hand don't want tiddlers either. I think having a choice of waters is the most appealing part of being in a club because then i can pick a venue to suit what sort of mood i'm in i.e. hard waters with big fish to give me a challenge or an easy water if i'm in need of a morale boost, if you get me.

Thanks for all the feedback by the way, it's exactly what i was after and is good to talk to someone helpful.

Oh right, i didn't realise that you could get a season ticket for sale, i thought it was just a day/night ticket place. Has it been sorted out now then because I'd heard a few stories about people getting their tackle stolen a couple of years back.

Yep i do night fish but that extra cost isn't an issue when compared to what i will save over a season compared to day ticket places.

Not overly fussed about catching massive fish but on the other hand don't want tiddlers either. I think having a choice of waters is the most appealing part of being in a club because then i can pick a venue to suit what sort of mood I'm in i.e. hard waters with big fish to give me a challenge or an easy water if I'm in need of a morale boost, if you get me.

Thanks for all the feedback by the way, it's exactly what i was after and is good to talk to someone helpful.

You may find it hard to get on most of warringtons waters at wk ends well the best one's any way or you can fish there really hard waters like sandiway they don't have many easy waters, if you fish with a bait boat sale will be right up your street pal as the fish seem to follow them and you get get right into them with them following the speed boats all the time, you could always try pendle view as a day water I've always wanted to but never seem to have the time so i always do one of warringtons or do a couple of nights on sale.

But then this time next wk I'll be on my way to France to fish the Sanctuary fishery and i can't wait, if i can help any more my mate just pm me and if i can send you in the right places I'll try.