The Home of English Carp Fishing

Does anyone have any information on Beechmere Pool. There is a thread about it here:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?p=427864#427864

The pool features in the famous book "Confessions of a carp fisher" by BB.

The pool has a rich history, including a supposed ghost of an old priest. BB gave it a special place in the history of carp angling, and if it were still available to fish, I would pay a goodly sum to do so.

Any information gratefully received.

i know, there aint anything on internet about it, only what i put on the other thread.

:?:?

well keep up the good work :D

I would take a drive down there to have a look, but Devon is quite a way from London where I live.

I have put up a post instead asking if any anglers who actually live in Devon know anything. Let's hope someone does.

Hi all a few bits of information for you.

The pool is nothing like 200 ft deep and to the best of my knowledge its deepest point is a little over twenty feet.

The original fish were very long and lean fish and by 1978 they resembled wildies.

The lake was stocked with King carp in the early 70s and by the mid 80s they were getting to reasonable sizes.

There is a really strange stone monument there and often there would be druids in its vicinity.

The lake used to be under private syndicate control and probably still is.

I used to know a certain Charles Pool, who treated the place as his second home, however I have had no contact with him for over 20 years.

The pool is nothing like 200 ft deep and to the best of my knowledge its deepest point is a little over twenty feet.

The original fish were very long and lean fish and by 1978 they resembled wildies.

The lake was stocked with King carp in the early 70s and by the mid 80s they were getting to reasonable sizes.

There is a really strange stone monument there and often there would be druids in its vicinity.

I used to know a certain Charles Pool, who treated the place as his second home, however I have had no contact with him for over 20 years.

do you know if its still called beechmere pool :?:?

Thank you very much. That is great information. Can I ask how you came by it? Also, do you happen to know which syndicate runs the place now?

I am very grateful to you.

S