Shocker Rig (Running with back stop)

fishingaddict

Guest fenboy

No it does no guarentee anything ,as I said no rig is safe 100% as long as we are using line between the rod and hook ! ,but rigs should be made as safe as possible ,I know leadcore is getting bad press at the moment and rightly so ,has anyone put a bead on then pulled it off and thought thats safe it slides off easy ? well try it again after putting a small kink in the leadcore a huge amount of pressure is then needed and how many of these kinks may exist in a pile of cracked off leadcore on the bottom of the lake .

My simple take on rigs /lead set ups now days is if its not needed dont use it !

I have to agree with keith ,that since I have used running leads the takes are screamers and the fish are still self hooked 99 time outs of a hundred the key is to use a lead just big enough to cast the distance your fishing ,I at present are only using 1oz leads .

for those that prefer running inlines I would recommend take out the tubing and bore out the lead with a drill lead is soft enough no to cause damage to a good line .

No it does no guarentee anything ,as I said no rig is safe 100% as long as we are using line between the rod and hook ! ,but rigs should be made as safe as possible ,I know leadcore is getting bad press at the moment and rightly so ,has anyone put a bead on then pulled it off and thought thats safe it slides off easy ? well try it again after putting a small kink in the leadcore a huge amount of pressure is then needed and how many of these kinks may exist in a pile of cracked off leadcore on the bottom of the lake .

Just had to highlight that - well put.

I also use a running lead, always have tbh, dont like inlines either personally but thats more the way they cast and sit than anything else if I am honest.

To turn it on its head a bit, can you think of a situation where you would use a shocker type rig rather than a running ledger? If so, why?

Hi

I am a bit of a novice, only my second year at carp fishing but what i understand from this thread is that the stopper bead acts as a shocker setting the hook?

I am probably way out here so correct me if i am wrong but surely fishing a running rig with slack line and tightning up the baitrunner would do the same thing and be much more carp freindly.

Hi

I am a bit of a novice, only my second year at carp fishing but what i understand from this thread is that the stopper bead acts as a shocker setting the hook?

I am probably way out here so correct me if i am wrong but surely fishing a running rig with slack line and tightning up the baitrunner would do the same thing and be much more carp freindly.

A thinking Novice obviously :wink::lol::lol:

You have the slack line, then as the line hits the clip (on rod) or the reel stop/baitrunner then the theory that the hook will be forced into the bottom lip (if you believe in that theory).

Don't think that the lead has that much to do with it to be sure, but you've got the right idea :wink: