kryston multi strand twisted or non twisted ?

pich172

Each in the right situation?

If you want a totally separate hooklink all the way down then the untwisted is better.

If you want to untwist just a small piece near the hook then the twisted :wink:

You may find that the twisted version stops debris going between the strands, yet with the untwisted a twig or something may go between.

Also both because they are very supple are in need of a Superstiff'ening to cast and reduce tangles or need to be used in a Combi link

Now I know why I joined the forum :wink: to learn :D

Please Nick educate me on Superstiff'ening.

A slight play on words, but another Kryston product bit like PVA :wink:

SUPER STIFF™

Anti Tangle Gel

Water soluble anti tangle treatment. Stiffens multi strands and all loosely braided lines to prevent tangles. Once in water, the gel will dissolve allowing the hook-link to revert back to its original soft supple form giving you superb presentation in a tangle-free state. No smell, no taste, non-toxic, essential for Kryston Multi Strand users. Simply squeeze a small amount of gel onto index finger, and using finger and thumb work the gel well into the fibres of the line. Using dry fingers remove excess gel from the line. Allow about four minutes for gel to cure.

I also believe that Jim Gibbinson folds up his braided hooklinks in a Concertina effect (Must have 3 folds :wink: ) and uses Super Stiff to hold it together, he then has an "extending" hooklink.