Knots

hotrod79

Can anyone help, for the new year i've been thinking of trying new things with my rigs, and have had touble finding the best way to tie my braid onto the much stiffer amnesia, can anyone help please as i would like to try this out, so i can reduce the amount of swivells i'm using on my rigs?:o

Tie an overhand loop in the amnesia but don't tighten it, pass the braid through the loop you've just created now tighten the loop in the amnesia as tight as possible. Loop the braid back on its self and then pass the braid round both lines 4-5 times inside the loop in the braid wet and tighten together by pulling both ends of the braid and the end long end of the amnesia. The braid bit is simular to tying a grinner only its butted up against the overhand knot in the amnesia. Sorry I've got no pic as I couldn't find one of this particular knot that I use.

Thats what i use too, double over hand knot then pass through the braid, twistt he braid up 6 turns and down 4 then back through its own loop that it made. tighten down the over hand knot then making a barrel pull the braid (moisten) this should come together just nice and more importanly sit straight. if you have trouble with breakages play with the amount of turns of the braid. i know for the fluro i use its 4 up and 3 down for best results.:D i always dab a small amount of super glue and then cover with rig putty.:wink: