merrington carp fishery

porschec2

There will be those amongst you who know how much I love visits from Mother Nature's creatures.

On Friday afternoon, still daylight, Alan, Jez and myself were standing in my swim chatting when a Barn Owl flew gracefully towards us and landed on a fence post maybe 30 feet away. We just stood and watched in silence as the bird proceeded to hunt in and around our vicinity for some minutes, each time landing upon ever nearer fence posts and studying us, presumably for signs of threat from us. The owl obviously perceived no threat as it now ignored us as it hunted from the air and on the ground for a good while.

The following morning I was awoken by the sound of a Woodpecker, doing what they do best, in an Oak tree right behind my bivvy. This also went on for some time.

Later that day Alan was trying to shoo off a small duck from his swim by chucking a few boilies at it. The duck just ducked them (pun fully intended) and returned a few minutes later to dive for the boilies, bold as brass, bless. He got the lot!

Love it.

Ian

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a brilliant place ive heard when the new pools being made the pegs will be sorted whatever that means

but i do love the place ill be goin down there for a day session tomorow i think im really twisted between there and marchamley im thinkin merrington could be a bit to boggy at merrington after you lot and todays rain

its a brilliant place ive heard when the new pools being made the pegs will be sorted whatever that means

but i do love the place ill be goin down there for a day session tomorow i think im really twisted between there and marchamley im thinkin merrington could be a bit to boggy at merrington after you lot and todays rain

Andy was on peg 6 and it was something of a quagmire. His groundsheet was a very sorry looking thing. Several of the lower numbered pegs really could do with some remedial attention.

I imagine that the place would be even more pleasant in dry, warm weather and with rather more fish in there.

Ian

theres plenty of fish there very wiley fish there its not an easy lake its a challenge but i think thats what i like about it ive got runs waters

merrington isnt one but thats why i like it so much i think i may go 2moro and search for a relitively dry peg

my normal peg of choice is 6 but the area i fish on it can be reached from the other side of the lake so should be ok definately merrington i think

Andy was on peg 6 and it was something of a quagmire. His groundsheet was a very sorry looking thing. Several of the lower numbered pegs really could do with some remedial attention.

I imagine that the place would be even more pleasant in dry, warm weather and with rather more fish in there.

Ian

All they need to do is level the swims off to further back and use some railway sleepers or similar to prop it up. Also, get rid of the plastic sheeting under the woodchip that stops the water from draining off.