braid into rig tube

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

most of my fishing so far has been done using lead core but I am thinking of going over to rig tubing

my question is how do you get a braided mainline through about 2 foot of tube, as braid being a lot softer than mono just folds up

any help much apreciated

Graham :)

go in to your local music shop and buy a 0.10 guage steel guitar string (less than a £1) carefull bend the end over so its flatish against itself and use this to thread through the braid

easy !! :wink: ;) 8)

or use mono through first then use that as a threader to pull the braid through

the likes of steve briggs and simon crow already have mono atatched to there braided mainline.

thats just a mono leader, i used to use 12-15lb berkeley big game 90% of the time when i was on tubing, but cant really use one when on leadcore ( u can but i dont like too much knots etc... specially when using flying backleads ).

Guest Anonymous

thats just a mono leader, i used to use 12-15lb berkeley big game 90% of the time when i was on tubing, but cant really use one when on leadcore ( u can but i dont like too much knots etc... specially when using flying backleads ).

i suppose, each to there own. i don`t like flying backleads to be honest i think they can prove a hindrence to your casting.