Standlake, Oxfordshire

welder

I've just been on Google Earth to check out a caravan site we're going to visit in May and I realised that the village of Standlake is surrounded by lakes which appear to have been gravel extraction pits.

Some of them have static caravans near the banks while others have power and sailing boats in evidence.

Does anybody on the forum know wether or not I can fish any of these waters?

The caravan site in question is called Lincoln Farm Park in case this helps. There's also a smallish pool attached to the site....any good?

Ian

just had a look on google earth and if you type in the 2 post codes ox29 7qf and ox29 7rh you will see the difference.

have a look at the lake with the caravans on it and there appears to be a house on the island. i wonder if its up for sale :wink: pure bliss :D

The "7qf" is the original Linear syndi waters of (N to S) smiths, hardwick, manor and st johns. The next lake down (with the island house) is the water ski lake. I did cough, er umm, fish it a bit in the nineties but only between midnight and 5 am and it did hold some real dark old warriors to just over forty. Recent rumours have it that, since the floods, it now holds a few more than it did plus some cats.