help carping for dummies

dave_askew

The quick link cant swivel, it allows the swivel a right left movement, thats it.

attaching the mainline directly to the swivel means you cant, prepare and change rigs that you have baited, pva`d without retying the whole rig,

experienced carpers in winter fishing should already know this.

So should those fishing in nonstop rain.

Edit: rod out of the water is a lost fish....

I think that experienced carpers know it's not all about speed; but you would have to ask one!

new carping for dummies question

shrink tube best way to use it i mask the eye on my hook and down the shank a bit

But ............. hows the best way to activate it i use inside a kettle

It can cause the fibres to contract and shrink slightly.

Saying that I've been using the steam from a kettle for years.

I'm lazy, I tie up about 5 or 6 rigs, and arrange them on the spout with the shrink tube inside the spout, and as the kettle boils it shrinks them down. I then pick up the rigs from the end outside the spout, and while still hot bend the shrink tube into the correct position for my fishing with MY FINGERS and no burns. Then dropped into cold water to confirm that bend :wink:

It looks weird when you set it up to shrink them. Basically the hook is hooked over the lip with the shrink tubing going down inside and the hooklink materials then coming out and down past the handle or in that direction :wink: