French river fishing - Help!!

sheppy81

Going to France at the end of March with two friends and looking to fish the public rivers and lakes, but there is very little in the way of info on the net for where you can go, what times of the year, rules etc.

Can anyone out there point in the right direction to get some info, or better still, can anyone give me any places of recommendation.

We were thinking of fishing the Seine near Paris and then down to the Yonne??

Any help would we very very appreciated !! :?:?

When you buy your licenses you will also receive a sheet which will detail the "night zones" and the dates that night fishing is allowed. My experience is limited to the Saone and I have not found the official night zones to be worth fishing but I would not suggest that you night fish illegally unless you want your tackle conviscated and you don't mind a night in the cells.

I think you will struggle to get much information about good spots on any public waters because of the effort people have to put in to find them for their own use. There have been too many waters "plundered" in the past.

You are right Keith as you know its not easy to find good fishing on the rivers and when you do find it you want to keep it to your self a little example a few years ago me and a friend fell on to this lake the only reason we had a look was that we found a empty tiger nut tin in the bushes,so we baited the lake for a week then went back and fished it in a banging SW wind well in on night we had 12 x40lb carp and 15 x 30lb yes in one night.For 2 years we had the best fishing of my life until some UK lads bumpt into us just when we were putting a low 40lb back.Well we tried to play it down and say it was our only fish from the lake that year but they were having non of that well to cut a long story short................................after just one summer we found it hard to get a run so stopped fishing the lake there were UK lads on there most nights.This lake was drained this year and guess what NO BIG FISH left in the space of 3 years All the big fish had go walkies.

Best of luck but if you do find a little bit of heaven keep it to you self.

• 1 month later...