gold valley aldershot

Depending on the time of year you are looking to go; I would fish the method, 3 inch hooklength of 5 pound line, hair rig an 8mm pellet to a size 12 hook. 8 pound mainline. Use soaked micros for the method feeder, making sure to bury your hookbait.

I wouldnt go there to Carp fish it myself - its really a match lake, average size of fish is about 5 pounds, and there are hundreds of them in there.

Nah thats just the match middle lake and the carp go to 15lb. The gold lake has carp to 27lb and can be fun and prolific in the summer months with some great night fishing.

You are correct its's not a big fish venue but can be great sport (it's very similar to Thorpe Lea) my biggest out of Gold lake was 24.3lb at 2am in the summer 2007, with a 19.7lb on jan 19th in 2008 all on luncheon meat on gold lake, this was well before they started renovating the place, re-building swims on the canal side and in my opinion trashed the natural beauty of the canal side, tearing up all the bank features, overhanging trees, bushes and earth mounds stretching out into the water. Basically all the margin hiding spots. Since then I have returned a few times only to find the carp have changed their movement pattern and do not dwell in the margins as much anymore on canal side and appear to have moved to the middle more.

I might go sometime in Feb 09 and see how it is - will let you know?