need info going to bounty lakes lemans

thebigone

Glad you enjoyed your trip dukeboy998,

A lot of changes are being made for this year. The channels are being blocked off and the end bank is being dug out to make another lake, B3 which will be a social lake for up to 4 all fishing close together on a horseshoe island. 3 tonne of fish are on order and we expect delivery end of Jan.

The U is being blocked off on B1 to stop the fishing holding up in there. Toilets on B1 as well as weigh posts on all swims and the swims are being re-built and some re-positioned.

New managers are taking over they are a very experienced couple having managed a French venue for over 3 years, he is also a chef.

John

I was fishing bounty 2 and caught right from the word go! for the most of my 5 night stay i hardly slept day and night it was a brilliant first time in france.

I only took 2 different boilies, Mainline Cell and Active-8 both with the freezer paste to match

Almost every fish i caught with carp to over 30lb and some nice little cats to 28lb came on the Cell some wrapped in paste and some topped with fluro pop up corn all fished with the bounty particle mix ( it was magic stuff)

However saying that the manager there actually bought the active 8 when i left as he swore by it for bounty 2 and thats the lake with the best fish ( not that i wasn't more than happy with my lake) some of the lads on b2 had some stunning upper 30 carp and one young welsh lad got a cat i can't remember the exact size but i'm sure it was upper 90 that got weeded up and when they went out in a boat to free it off it pulled them half way round the lake!!!

My only complaint was the showers were bloody freezing :lol:

Cannot understand why the showers were cold, did you report it to the bailiff? There should have been 24 hours hot water!

We are adding another one this year making a total of 4 unisex showers in the log cabins, + the ladies only shower and toilet also adding urinals and more wash-basins

Well they are not cold now, the water that is, last week it was -15 when I was there and 4” of snow and both lakes were frozen, I walked across them lol

I actually used a bait boat that i have since sold, spod would do the job just the same but i have to admit although i will not be getting another boat for rhis country i would concider renting one when i go to france this year purel due to the size of the bed of bait i put out and the time a boat saves you.

Rig wise i was mainly using short hybrid hooklengths size 6 and 8 longshank hooks, with pva bags of pellets but mainly my own stick mix for a bit of extra attraction.

you will have to let me know how you get on!

We will have a freezer for anglers to keep there own frozen bait in.

1 rule that were introduced last year but the managers did not enforced, only our own feed will be allowed this season.

The other new rule is only frozen boilies will be allowed, no shelf life.

so i will be able to take frozen baits and put them straight in your freezer

what colour are your boilies that you sell many thanks

Like most French venues just fish the same was you would fish in the UK, same rigs etc. The best advise I can give is when you get there talk to the bailiff he will know whats working etc.

I am always surprised at the number of visitors we get who never ask and the number who can’t wait to dump in 25k of feed in thinking that’s the way to fish in France.

As for the colour of the boilies, well red, brown, dark brown, nearly black ones, dark red ones lol

• 2 weeks later...

Johnhere,

I'm off to bounty 2 at the end of June with my son. This forum seems a great place to clear a few things up.

Does bounty to have fixed swims as we will be sharing a bivey and i'm not sure if this will work if the swims are a long way apart?

I see the 2009 lake rules inndicate micro barb hooks is this correct?

the rules also state no fixed rigs. I think I understand but could you give me a clearer deffinition

The rule on the use of nuts is not clear. there seems to be a word missing 'Nuts may be used at ALL (this includes Tiger Nuts)' I assume this means no nuts

many thanks

The best thing is go on the web site and give me a ring, the number can be found on the web site and its a free call.

Do you have a dads and lads booking?

We have double swims so no problem sharing a swim with your son. Basically a fixed rig is where a fish cannot loose the weight if you snap off, the on site bailiff can advise you when you get there.

Micro barb hooks is correct, (being changed to Only Micro for Carp)

The rules have been re-typed but yes no nuts

John

Johnhere,

I'm off to bounty 2 at the end of June with my son. This forum seems a great place to clear a few things up.

Does bounty to have fixed swims

As John says, take another look at the website, the rules section has been corrected and tidied up. Bounty 2 doesn't have "fixed" swims as such. If you are on the Barn Bank there's at one end, a good holding area, so you'd probably end up fishing that end plus some baits out in the bay in front of you. Its easy to pitch close together on Barn Bank.

Same can be said for the opposite side/corner - the reedy end is popular and you can pitch close together.

I see the 2009 lake rules inndicate micro barb hooks is this correct?

We actually think that barbed hooks are slightly better insofar that they hold better and (some say) possibly cause less damage. We won't come all out and say "no barbless" but we prefer microbarbed hooks or barbed with the barbs flattened. Deffo NO full size barbs. If you are fishing a snag (like sunken trees) you must fish barbless...only one "tree" swim on B2 (not on Barn bank).

the rules also state no fixed rigs. I think I understand but could you give me a clearer deffinition

Put simply it is essential that the rig can pull through the lead clip (if you use one). The swivel can be pushed into a lead clip (making it semi fixed) but that is OK provided it is not locked in place (some lead clips have a little bung type thing that you can push in to fix the swivel in place - this is not acceptable as it makes it fixed - basically we don't want any fish dragging leads around.

The rule on the use of nuts is not clear. there seems to be a word missing 'Nuts may be used at ALL (this includes Tiger Nuts)' I assume this means no nuts

This was a typo - NO nuts..of any type including tigers

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Steve

Thanks for the information.

I think we are on the barn bank of Bounty 2 as the other bank seems to still be available the date we are there.

The rules are as i would expect but its always best to check. Its a long way to go with the wrong kit.

Out of intrest what end is the holding end. Is it the bounty 1 end of the lake or the club house end?

many thanks for help

Garry