day ticket carp lakes in huntingdonshire

jay99

From the search facility:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=30857&highlight=cambridgeshire+waters

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=27977&highlight=cambridgeshire+waters

Scroll down to Cambridgeshire (I know Huntingdonshire exists, but is not recognised as a "proper" county)

Milton Country Park, go to UK CarpFishing, The Carpcatcher is currently running a petition on it. I don't know whether Day Tickets are available any more though.

There may be other threads covering the Huntingdon area, and don't forget that there are definitely Carp in the Ouse and Fen Drains systems that may be available on a day ticket or an inexpensive Club Season ticket.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to go past 20lb. Enjoy every fish you catch and then when you are deemed ready by the Carp Fishing God then you may beat your PB. :wink::lol:8)

Hi, have you tried lawn farm fisheries nr Cambourne. Not quite Huntingdonshire but nr enough.Thats where I caught my first carp last year. Consists of four well stocked lakes with carp well over twenty pounds although they have evaded me so far (19lb). Costs about $7 a day,has a small but good tackle/bait shop and coffee making facilities (luxury eh! ).To be honest it can be very easy fishing on the right day I tend to go there with my 10 yr old daughter who is mad on fishing (brought up right ) so she has a chance of catching decent fish and not getting bored.Hope that helps.

Hi, have you tried lawn farm fisheries nr Cambourne. Not quite Huntingdonshire but nr enough.Thats where I caught my first carp last year. Consists of four well stocked lakes with carp well over twenty pounds although they have evaded me so far (19lb). Costs about $7 a day,has a small but good tackle/bait shop and coffee making facilities (luxury eh! ).To be honest it can be very easy fishing on the right day I tend to go there with my 10 yr old daughter who is mad on fishing (brought up right ) so she has a chance of catching decent fish and not getting bored.Hope that helps.

what sort of bans do they impose. ie. no boilies is a no no. recently tried to look around decoy- not knowing it was a match lake- rules included no bread- wat a joke!

There are quite a few lakes run by the CFPAS (Cambridge Fish Preservation Angling Society) around Cambs, one being at Block Fen, Mepal.

There is also another lake also at Mepal near the bridge that goes over the twin rivers, that is fairly cheap.

There is a bit of a carp puddle at Fields end nr Doddington, Cambs (they have a website) and the fish go up to around 22 -23lbs but they other do scrap well.

If you want to go even further then there is Willowcroft at Wisbech.

Hope that gives you a few to look at, but keep you eyes peeled, many farmers have reservoirs that hold few big lumps too, and only a select few are able to fish them.