copmere fishing, eccalshal, staffordshire

ugly

Hi guys :D new to the forum this is my first thread. I have recentley discoverd a new fishing lake nere to were I live called copmere. It is about 40 acres in size set in woodlands realy nice place. . .

The problem I've got is that I have never seen anyone fishing it, so Icant get any info on the place (nothing on the net either). But there is signs up saying private fishing! so obviousley there is fish in there. :shock: could anybody help me out with this?

Not many carp mate it is a bream water which once held the bream record for Tony Bromley. Some nice pike to be had but as for carp it never used to do any. On one of the trees just over the road from the pub there used to be a sign with the phone number for inquiries.

Jez

Hi Ugly,

My mate lives opposite this lake a knows the owner very well, and from what i have been told there is no carp in there, ther used to be a handfull in there many years ago however these have since been removed and a couple died, i can assure you mate this is a bream and pike water only, however i know there are 2 carp in there now as my mate put them in 5 years ago at 5lb each, however these could of been eaten by one of those massive pike.

as for pershall next door, this pool does contain carp however not very many probably only about 20, with 85% of them being under 20lb, this pool has small cats in too and also pike, the lake is only about 3 acres but it is very hard going, but if you up for a challenge then i would recomend it if you can manage to get a ticket as you will need to be recomended to the club by someome who is already a member, hope i have helped you a little, if you need to know anything else feel free to pm me and i will try to help you out. :wink: