Pixies Mere Fishery

i have loads of information on the placve i know the owner to a degree we used to talk each week when i was writing in carp talk hes a ffantatsic bloke very open and honest helps you out with up to date informatuion really wants the place to dop well.

Best pegs when i fished was summer and i did well in the small narrow under looked at areas never fished it this time of year. What else would you like to know i will get in touch few people and see how its fishing atm.

Thanks for getting back to me.

From the map on their website the place looks interesting, so just some general information really. Best area for a day session this time of year? How it is fishing at the moment? Best tactic if the owner will divulge!! Etc etc

Basically, I’m just getting back into fishing after about a 15 year lay off and the place I have been fishing is a bit of a hole! So I’m looking for a place to fish day sessions in nice surroundings and maybe catch a big carp every now and then! of which Pixie Mere looks!

Feel free to pm me.

Hi mate im from leighton buzzard and fish there quite often.The fishing at the moment is quite slow due to the colder weather coming in!! But its still possible to catch some very nice fish.I have had some very nice carp in pegs 1-10 but if you can peg 14 is the one to have,but being very popular is hard to get on at times.Holds many nice fish with some Koi in too.

Just 2 weeks ago a guy fishing 2 pegs down from me caught a absolute mint bright orange common weighing only 8lb but was a real stunner!! Pixies is a real friendly place and overall a fantastic fisherie.If you go good luck. :D

• 2 years later...

Hi All

Im doing a day and night at Pixies Mere next Saturday with my brother in law, neither of us have fished here before.

Just after some info on how its fishing,best baits and best swims at the moment. im sure some of the best swims will be taken although we are prepared to get there early and wait for the gates to be opened.

What size carp are in there?

Sorry if it seems like a lot of questions,first time out this year and hoping for a good session.

Also after a club to join,have been looking at verulam and letchworth but is a season ticket on Pixies worth the money.

Thanks in advance

Slatts