tieing a pop up rig

grahamwest123

Guest Anonymous

Hi pal welcome to the forum, pop up rigs are exactly the same as a normal hair rig, but with a counter balance (ie lead putty, add just enough to make the bait sink slowly) just below the bait, if you are using a coated braid for your rig strip back the coating between the counter balance & the hook as this will make it act more natural in the water

Hope this heps, tight lines :)

Hi Mate

Welcome to the forum.

On my pop-up rigs I tie a sliding loop on the hair. Just use a grinner or Uni knot and don't tighten it all the way down. Into the loop formed I put the Pop-up and then tighten down to the bait.

Knotless Knot the Hook on and you have a simple, easy pop-up rig. Just attach putty or other counterweight at height you require and away you go.

Hi Mate

Welcome to the forum.

On my pop-up rigs I tie a sliding loop on the hair. Just use a grinner or Uni knot and don't tighten it all the way down. Into the loop formed I put the Pop-up and then tighten down to the bait.

Knotless Knot the Hook on and you have a simple, easy pop-up rig. Just attach putty or other counterweight at height you require and away you go.

thats the way i do it mate.

I have one....... bit different to some pop up rigs and requires no tying and no hair (as such). made from silkworm with a shrink boom one end and a long shank the other. I use another style of pop up rig which is on a hing and the link is totally stiff.

We will see how they work this winter. :D