coombe abbey warwickshire

if you go let us know how you get on :)

I can tell you how i got on when i last went..

Got there and it was frozen :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: didnt realise how cold it had gone the night before, and as it was about 6.30 in the morning (and not local to the area) couldnt even phone any local tackle shops to see if there was anywhere else local to go :(:(:( ended up fishing the river back where i come from and my mate had his Pike PB so wasnt so bad in the end :wink:

unlucky. with the frozen. i rang up a pool a month ago to ask if there were any matches on that weekend and was told no, so i was well chuffed as been trying to fish it again for a while but always matches on at the weekend. got there really early with my mate in the rain and put up the bivvy which mind you is a old type with the poles you got to put together and put through it all, i hate it man got to get myself a good new bivvy lol. anyway, that took us a good 20 min in the rain, then we were both setting up are second rod after we got every else out ready and we notice a few guys coming to the ponds with there gear and then we saw more. then we get told theres a match on which was booked last minute and we could fish for free next time but we have to leave now. i tell you man, i was not a happy camper

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...