framfield park fisheries

hi folks new to the site so nice to meet you all . . .

ive got the fishing bug again and have not been for about 3 years.. am looking for someware i can take my 8 year old son so an easy well stocked lake to fish would be great...

framfield has been recomended... can anyone tell me some more about it... is it an easy lake to fish ? ?

better still can anyone recomend anoher lake ? ? i live in croydon and am willing to travel up to about an hour and a half..

thanks

Never fished this water but if you in croydon there are others nearer to you

Would reckon Beaver at East Grinstead would be good just down the A23 from you and has around 8 lakes for all standards , day ticket, toilet and cafe as well.

Think this is the link

http://www.beaverfarmfishery.co.uk/

Hope this helps

I can whole heartedly recommend it as a great lake to take someone who's new to the sport. You'll only need to fish on one rod as its lakes are full to the brim with hard fighting carp.

You're best bet is to go with either pellets or meat on the float or method feeders. they don't allow boilies or massive amounts of groungbait.

You'd be advised to call just to make sure that there is no matches on, if you can get there early and head for the far lake (spring lake i think) and try to get set up between the two long dividing islands, you'll be pulling carp between 4-15lb out all day long. A fair head of tench live in the magins too.

Do take your licenses becuase they chech often there.

beavers is ok, but i've found that it's very hit and miss. If you do go there try and fish the little moat lake and target the island. there are a hndful of mid double carp in there, but loads of mixed smaller fish.

i lived in croydon and found a good lake hard to come by as well, godstone vinyards might be worth a go also for a day out. just before the caterham bypass (jcn 6) as you're heading out of croydon, although i've not been there for 15 years or so.

Wherever you go, i hope your boy enjoys himself. Good luck.

• 1 year later...