D rig or Knotless Knott

andrewtrace

Have recently been trying D rig consisting of oval ring on hook trapped by two float stops , do i tie the bait tight to the ring or leave a little , also will this work with bottom baits and snowman as opposed to just pop ups?

One last question can i use a maggot clip and then attach to the D ring in the way above

Thank you

I normally use the Knotless Knot and leave a loop with ring free running around it.

There are a couple of ways of tying the D-Rig, although If the ring is running up and down the actual hook shank it can't be called a D-rig? It can be used for bottom baits, pop-ups, snowman rigs and Stack rigs

I attach the bait to the ring with a length of Hair Braid or 4lb Nylon. With pop-ups, stack and snowman presentations you can either fish tight to the ring or have some play between the bait and the ring. With botton baits I have a small amount of play between bait and ring.

Must admit I've never used it with Maggot rigs though.

having visited an easy runs water yesterday and having only one, i have severe lack of confidence in the rigs i am using.

I have recently changed to a ring running between two stops on the hook and tying my bait or using maggot clip on the ring.

Could this be the reason i am not catching fish and should i go back to the tried and tested knotless knott

Help please cos i am losing the will to fish