Boddingtons Res - Northampton

alfe

Hay guys. Im fishing Boddingtons this saturday and sunday and wanted some tactic help. we are fishing the 80 and 90s on the saturday then a private match in the tree area (90s i think). I spoke to the bailif and he says red maggot...is that dead or alive? Any tips are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Alfe

Believe it or not, there are 4 threads about Boddington Reservoir, you started 2 of them, and none of them in the past have been posted on, all from a long way back.

It may help if you give a county or nearby town as that may give clues as to its location.

Normally I would say post on 1 to bring it back to the top, but it looks like it is a pretty much "Unfished for Carp" venue.

I have moved this in Where to Fish section

Believe it or not, there are 4 threads about Boddington Reservoir, you started 2 of them, and none of them in the past have been posted on, all from a long way back.

It may help if you give a county or nearby town as that may give clues as to its location.

Normally I would say post on 1 to bring it back to the top, but it looks like it is a pretty much "Unfished for Carp" venue.

I have moved this in Where to Fish section

ok. fair enough. cheers

Im fishing pegs 93 to 97 on sunday (i know, its a small match). Can someone be kind enough to tell me best method on bait and tactics for these? Are any of there pegs better than others? A match for 25 of us is fishing 81 to 96 on saturday as well so will have to c how other get on too. Thanks for the help :)

fished it a few years ago now. Method with mini boilies worked then. Cant see that changing much over the years. Make sure you cast in the same spot though and hold on to your rod or use a baitrunner. If you have a carp rod take that instead of the feeder rod. :D

I would say the method with mini or standard boilies would be the general method used by a lot of the carpers there the same as drayton and it would be the 1st thing i would try :wink: