the only one

pineaplepopup

ive been fishing a lake that is bout 11 acres, 3 foot deep maximum, and very very silty all over the lake apart from one peg that ive found a gravel spot its bout 8 feet in diamter. ive fished this spot twice now and had one aborted take. i realy need to put a fish on the bank soon cuz i wont be able to do much more fishing cuz of college. this lake is quite pressured and almost curtain that no one knows bout this spot so i no it doesnt get fished that often. how can i get a run? i was fishin helicopter rig over it but after the aborted take ive now changed to a short hooklength with a inline lead to help increase the hooking effect. can any one give me any tips or tricks to get a run and hopfully land it?:confused:

I would fish the gravel spot with a nice short hooklink to a lead clip set up with a bottom bait (fusion is always my choice) with about 30 baits round it (depending on stock and length of session).

I would put my other rod just off the baited area in the silt and fish this with the helicopter rig you mentioned either with a pop up or snowman presentation.

Clip your marker rod up so it is always going to land on your target area the you can take it down a couple of times during the wek before your session and add a few free offerings just to get the carp feeding confidently over the chosen area.

Tight lines mate.:)

Guest Anonymous

i wouldnt use an inline lead in silt as it sinks your hookbait, stick to a swivel lead so your bait layes on top of the silt. i have cought on inline leads in silt though.

Guest Anonymous

if your not using a 3oz lead i would step up to that weight,it will give you a better chance of hooking the take.have you tried the chod rig,simalar set up to the helicopter rig but with a moving hook link on the mainline stopped at depth you think the silt is by a bead and a stop knot.

thanks evry one for all ur help! i have used the chod rig in the silt on this lake but had an aborted take where as ive fished the same rig before with no problems, so i think the fish no what there doing. i have started to use the inline lead on the gravel to increse the hooking effect,b ut as of yet i havent had a take:( lol cheerz lads ill let u know how i get on!