carp lakes in tamworth area

rvj

hi all,

i have just moved to the tamworth area, and like normal my girlfriend who is local has no idea of any carp lakes.

i was hoping that somebody will be able to help out? i am looking for any good size lakes in the tamworth area (20mile radius) which has plenty of features, offers a good size head count of carp which includes 30's and 40lb+, allows night fishing.

Tight lines

Richie

Hi mate and welcome to the forum :wink:

First of all comisorations on moving to Tamworth :shock::oops::twisted::lol:

Secondly have a search through the Uk Where to fish section, Places in Tamworth come up a fair amount, also use the search typing in Tamworth, Pretty pigs, Lamb AC etc etc :wink:

(P.s not sure on the size of fish though) :wink:

hi all,

i have just moved to the tamworth area, and like normal my girlfriend who is local has no idea of any carp lakes.

i was hoping that somebody will be able to help out? i am looking for any good size lakes in the tamworth area (20mile radius) which has plenty of features, offers a good size head count of carp which includes 30's and 40lb+, allows night fishing.

Tight lines

Richie

Hi Richie, welcome to this cracking forum. I see that you're happy to travel out a bit and would suggest that you try Willesley Lake, on the outskirts of Ashby de la Zouch.

Night fishing is allowed and, while it doesn't hold 40's, there are some very nice fish in there.

Midweek is best as it can get busy. It's a very pretty place with recently opened toilet/shower block. Not too many rules, common sense, really.

Check it out on www.Fisheries.co.uk

Enjoy!

Ian

bonehill used to be full of snags, untill neal took over the place and ruined it!!

the riddings has never done a 40! i know the bloke whos had the biggest, tht was nearly 10 yeas ago now, and its not been out at that size since, infact hardly any decent fish come out any more!

youl struggle to find fish of that size without travelling abit further afield, other than at cuttle mill but thats no night fishing!

try and find out how big the fish go on the berkswell syndicate, that could be worth a try! get down pine pool if your after a steady stream of 20's

nites can be done, but no sleeping and definatley no bivvy, there for wimps anyway!!!!