Carp Fishing - Lichfield, Cannock, Walsall Areas - Newbee

Hi Villan

More or less opposite the boats for the one of the surface but stepson fished monday further round towards the corner on the same bank and he had 2 x 10's an 8 and a 13.5 which had a bit of a hump lol. When you do go look to the margins towards evening as they seem to move in close then.

Iggy

Cheers Iggy, Been told to look out for the corner spots, seem to fish well. What bait/ tactics did your stepson use?

Fished in close to the edge of a tree, fruity boilies over a mix of hemp, corn and pellets, i would fish a rod close in there and wait for em to move in, keep feeding the spot and maybe fish another rod to moving fish. Don't rule out the surface either, very easy to get them feeding on the surface there

Iggy............:)

one problem with calf heath if you get the bream feeding you'll need a change of cloths and some head ache tablets cause they can destroy the carp fishing regardless the bait you try, they go for single maggots to 20mm boillies but there are some really big carp in there my mate took 3 upper 20's and a 32lb from the margins last year just before the floods :)

if you just want to catch a few try fisherwick match lake they go upto probably 15lb maybe bigger but the average is about 5lb or so. Then if you feel you want more of a challenge you could move onto the specimen lake where they go upto about 25lb and the smallest is about 10lb.

Or you could join blackfords water which is 15 quid a year per rod upto 2 rods max. For that you get a lake at calf heath a pool the back of sainsburys cannock orbital and a pool by the turf island all with carp in.

Theres another few pools on the way to penkridge from cannock and i think its called piliton pools. Ive only been there once when it first opened to have a look so i cant tell u much about it but its got carp in :)

Also theres curborough just off easten avenue in lichfield which has a specimen lake but again ive not fished it.

Also another pool by the four keys pub on the a5 by greasy lils. if your coming from cannock turn left just before the pub then left again and its just down the lane on the left. Its only a small pool but its got carp in :)

i cant think of anymore off the top of my head without going further afield. But il add them as i think of them.

do you mean the four crosses pub, if so then there are carp in there to 35lb if you can get past the 3500 small carp he stocked in there 2 years ago but you can catch a few upper doubles in a day session on meat with chllie tuna bags :D:D:D