Fishing @ Alton Towers

I went to Alton Towers on friday and walking from ride to ride through the woods I saw a nice little lake, I stopped being an angler and wondered what would be in there, I saw shoals on roach and rudd under the surface. I had some sarnies in my bag and thought why not throw a few bit's of bread in and see. I had thrown about 3 little bits in when a carp of at least 30lbs came no more than 2ft away from me a took the lot with no hesitation. I was shocked! I then walked a bit further round the lake to see a perch or record size sitting on it's own again in the margin watching a shoal of very small rudd when suddenly it sprank into action and took two of them! I was gutted I didn't have a rod and some worms with me! Later in the day we walked past the big lake there where the golf green is in the middle and I can't believe how many big fish there are! All I wanted to do was grab a method feeder and chuck it in! There were at least 100 20lbs + carp all in the margins feasting on whatever you gave them! Does anyone know if you can fish this place in the off season? would be another good money making effort i they allowed it!

I think to fish the place you have to be in with a member of staff, and a high up one at that. Iv read about people fishing it and seen pictures, and lots of them as it is very easy fishing. Not to sure about there being a 30 in their as a angler who did work there stated it was around 28lb with LOADS of mid to upper doubles, but this was a few years back so who knows what they are now.

This is bad news for the missus, she's planned the day there for my b'day. She won't know i'm going armed with a pocket full of mixers.

Does any one really know what sort of stock they have there, iv'e read somewhere that some of the best fish are in old manors or estates and have never been fished, who knows there may even be a record knocking around.

I doub't they would allow the public fishing there, but you never know, if they realise its a big money spinner they might just give it a try, very doubtful though.

i'll have fun with my mixers anyway, there is nothing better than watching carp feed off the top. Just a shame i wont be able to catch any

Hi you are aloud to fish the lake i saw some blokes there when i was there and asked them and they told me you have to go to the main office and you can get a day ticket for £5 i went the next day and caught 11 carp 7 of which were above 20lb going up to 26 :):):)

:roll::lol::lol::lol:

The no fishing sign also looks good on the tree

I've seen them, but am pretty sure it's no fishing unless you know the staff. People have tried guesting it before from what i have heard but i wouldnt like to see that there's a few people with dogs on night patrols. Plenty of large looking fish with a few going into good 20s. It'd be like fishing in a agrden pond though, literally!

I've seen them, but am pretty sure it's no fishing unless you know the staff. People have tried guesting it before from what i have heard but i wouldnt like to see that there's a few people with dogs on night patrols. Plenty of large looking fish with a few going into good 20s. It'd be like fishing in a agrden pond though, literally!

you cant fish there as you said.and thats for certain;)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...