upham farm devon

If this is the place with half a dozen very small ponds, yes, fished there years ago.Once being enough for me. The place is a joke and a rip off.

Sounds like Newbarn Farm to me, just outside Totnes. 9 pegs on a 1 acre lake... :evil::evil:

yer why was it bad?

Not really into slating venues, but, a carp fishery it is not.

Sounds like Newbarn Farm to me, just outside Totnes. 9 pegs on a 1 acre lake...

I doubt that any of the ponds at Upham would measure 1/2 acre let alone 1 acre. Picture this.....A pond where someone is fishing with 2 rods where one rod would be more than enough. When I was there,the pond which holds a 20 had 6 bivvies on there.Shoulder to shoulder.They all had 2 rods each, that's 12 rods in 1/2 acre of water :shock: One of the lads had a take and the fish took him round the pond.Well you can imagine what happened.

The place is a joke.

oh but was there many fish? catch much?

Yes we caught a few,mainly around the 8lb mark, but due to the noise of kids running about,dogs barking,radios blaring me and my mate packed up after one night. As I said once was enough for me.

The reason we fished there was that the water we travelled down to was booked for a competition,late booking at that.Upham was a recommendation from the bailiff of the water we should have been fishing,think he was on commission....lol.

As I said this was a few years ago and things may have changed since then,but I doubt it.....Try it and see for yourself.

i been there like 6 months ago and was good for tench and carp round 6lbs both . but it is pretty small. i do like it but its to crowded. to small aswell. there building a much larger 7th lake and that will be finiished by nxt year =]

u fished the exeter canal?

Having been fishing for Carp for a short spell, 18 years, I am looking forward to doing my first session on the river and catching my first Barbel. Only joined the river syndicate a month ago and not had chance to fish it yet.

Hope you find a water mate.

Just a thought have you looked at Burley Fields in Leckhampton Lane, it's not too bad there and if you join the owners club you can night fish it.

Hope I have helped.

Used to mate but I am on 3 syndicates,1 being the a short stretch of the Severn, now so don't bother too much with commercials unless I take my son and his lad.

Off to fish Shearwater this weekend,taking my grandson.

There was a few on Shearwater last weekend. I think it could be a lot worse this weekend as schools have now broke up? I do like the lake though. I fancy having a go on Little Shearwater soon. I sat there for a good 1 1/2 hours on Saturday watching a group of fish. Unfortunatly there was already 10 rods out which is a bit tight on such a small lake. None of the rods were on the fish though :wink: A mid week session in September might be the way forward for me?

Used to mate but I am on 3 syndicates,1 being the a short stretch of the Severn, now so don't bother too much with commercials unless I take my son and his lad.

Off to fish Shearwater this weekend,taking my grandson.

There was a few on Shearwater last weekend. I think it could be a lot worse this weekend as schools have now broke up? I do like the lake though. I fancy having a go on Little Shearwater soon. I sat there for a good 1 1/2 hours on Saturday watching a group of fish. Unfortunatly there was already 10 rods out which is a bit tight on such a small lake. None of the rods were on the fish though :wink: A mid week session in September might be the way forward for me?

Never fished Little Shearwater but,like you,wouldn't mind.I think Nick should have a limit of 3 anglers on there with a max of 2 rods per angler.Even then there'd be too many lines out. 10 rods, ridiculous

As regards Shearwater being busy this weekend,well hopefully I can get there early enough before the mad rush.In fact I'll be leaving in a couple of hours,aiming to get there for 5am.

Hoping to see my Grandson catch a few Carp,not too worried about whether I catch or not.Having said that I have never blanked there.

• 2 weeks later...

i went down to devon for holidays and Upham is a pile of rubbish.

I went years ago and phoned ahead when i got there it was empty and apparently a desease had gone through all the lakes killing everything- he forgot to tell me that part.

The lakes are about 0.2-0.4 of an acre and are holes in the ground with muddy water. total rubbish worst fishery ive ever seen or visited.

Try creedy lakes in crediton,

Goodiford mill is good can be abit moody but i had a mad afternoon taking 6 20s to 26lb.

I come from norwich so my knowledge of the area is limited

Edited to remove swearing. Again.

• 2 years later...