manor farm fishery biggleswade

are you fishing the carp lake? i fished it last week and had 17 fish out. The biggest was only 10lbs but there are some massive fish hiding in there! i fished the disabled peg with a mate and was casting into a big gravel patch that i found with the marker rod.

I would recomend that you take a rake, marker rod, quite alot of pellet or groundbait and some fishy flavoured boilies (prawn or halibut).

yes it was quite weedy lol! Some old geezer had a 13lb and a 16lb the night we got there on spicy shrimp boilies so i would give them a try. Im back down there this weekend to try a different swin nearer the island this time so will let you know how it goes. have you ever fished any of the lakes down there before??

no mate not fished down that way at all, i used to fish the old lake at willowcroft in wisbech alot, but due to work havent been in ages,went to cobbleacre lakes nr norwich in april hired the whole lake 8 and 6 out of 8 blanked not a thing . but lookin 4 ward to this .let us know how u get on please m8 , and pref what pegs been fishin well too.

• 3 weeks later...

well it was very quiet , their was 5 off us we all got 2 each but not till sat mornin tho , lot off 3lbs we brought out but dont count them , weight ranged from 14lb common to 24.5lb mirror , m8 got think weighed 22lb koi carp , waiting for pics then will show , fishin on top had no joy, next to island fished really well.squid and octopus worked a treat for all of us . but beware very weedy and lots off rats and nat so go prepared with mozzie killer.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...