damvillers

skezzle

Returned from Damvillers last week and thought i'd wait to see if any of my group put a word in but they havent.

Thought i'd put a few myths straight first as there has been a bit of negativity regards the lake.

There were 8 in our party and we took the full lake exclusively and the food package.

The guys John & Adam were brilliant, they'll be as helpful as you want. if you want help they'll be there for you, if you want to be left alone they'll be discreet. Really top guys and that can make a massive difference on a lake as i'm sure you'll all know.

The first few days were quite slow for most of us, with only the fingers producing anything at all and the fish were actually IN the fingers!

Between the 8 of us we caught around 50 carp from Saturday to Thursday night. Average size was around 28 - 30lb with the biggest coming out at 52lb the smallest around 12lb.

The top end of the lake near the outside toilet and along that bank were the least productive, the sunken boat did well towards the end of the week but the point and the fingers fished the best.

The lake is silty in certain places but is fine once you pull your lead clear after the cast or get the guys to point out the gravel bars or other features.

There is a lot of bream and we also had a few nice tench.

There were hardly any ducks/geese etc but one thing worth noting was that there were NO RATS! NOT ONE. hopefully this will encourage a few more doubters to give this place a try.

It took 4 hrs 20 mins by camper van so by car 3.5 hrs is achievable from calais. The lake is easy to find and the guys on the website will provide directions which are spot on.

We all used the bait recommended by the lake which is supplied by the carp company.

The food package was great value, the breakfast french sticks were a life saver.

The lodge & shower room were spotless and were a welcome retreat when you wanted to get cleaned up.

All in all it was a great week, we were all pleased as all of us beat our UK PB's. Represents great value and if we go to france next year we will be returning to www.damvillers.com :D

Our group fished this lake in September last year and thought it was fantastic. The lads who fished in the forest did see a few rats but were not really a problem. I understand the lads who were giving this lake a hard time had actually been asked to leave the lake because they thought it was good fun to have parties on the bank and cut each others line during the night for a joke!.

We are booked again for October and cannot wait. Last year we had 74 fish between 6 of us which included 12 40lb+ and 3 50's (biggest 56lb). I spoke to the bailiff there last week and he told me that they have already had 14 different 50's out to 59lb this season . They also made "fish of the week" on the Nash website!!!

A great lake, excellent facilities and superb fish. Well worth a trip.

looks blinding !! I'm going in August and cant wait.

whats the score with bait out there, boilies or particle ?

I dont really want to spend hours cooking up particles if boilies is the way to go and dont want to end spending lots of money on boilies if particles is the way forward :wink:

I would rather bring one or the other but not really both.

has the water got any problems with poison chats or crays ?

Any tips i would be grateful, I would hate to make the terrible mistake as i did last year when i went to a water with only fishmeal boilies. caught about 100 crayfish and poison chats.

you dont have to tell me how to fish the water, just pointing in the right direction would be great.

cheers

• 1 month later...

Can only endorse what everybody has said its a Fantastic Lake I have been 8 times now and have yet to blank! Have had fish to 50+ and only had about 5 Bream in total and never found them a problem.

Re Rats never had a problem with them either and the lads that seem to are the ones that have bait, Biscuits etc etc lying all over the place uncovered so what do you Expect! as in the UK we are never more than 10ft from a Rat so what do people expect out in the Country..Come on Guys!

Listen to the advice from John as he knows his lake and his fish and you cant go wrong its simple as that really.

The facillities are excellent and anything you could think of is on hand to make your stay enjoyable and I cant think of one thing thats lacking

If anybody wants any info or advice them please PM me as I will only be too happy to help if I can.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Something else to consider at this venue, Alan has advised us that the smaller lakes can be fished if you fancy some sport with carp stocked to around 20lb.

I have booked again for June and will be trying the other lakes for a bit of daytime fun.

6 months to go and i'm buzzing already, cant wait to see John's baldy head and his dog again!

In case you guys didnt know Adam has now left the lake to return to the UK, hopefully they'll find somebody as good but it wont be easy as he was a cracking lad.

BFG, is that the weekend of the 21st?

We are going 13th to 20th but we will probably be leaving on the Friday

Good luck with your week, you're right about Zeus, he's a big lump but friendly enough.

Sounds like the guys have put in a lot of work around the forest side since last year, i know John was cutting back the trees and having plenty of fires.

They've deepened the margins in some places and removed some silt in other areas.

Alan has sent me a 10 page update on last years fishing, PM me if you want a look and i'll email it over

• 1 month later...

Hi all this is my first post so be kind :D

I went to damvillers at the end of last year and I had a great time the fishing was great and the food really was nice and there was plenty of it.I have booked to go back in the summer 2010 and I cant wait .

I fished bull[censored] corner and the birds nest and caught carp to 33lb but should have had many more but at first I did not listen to the advice given (i wont make that mistake again) .I will post some pics hope you like

damvillers013.jpg

damvillers009.jpg

damvillers014.jpg