not catching

lpoollad

Its very difficult to say why we dont catch sometimes. I'm sure most of the people on here have had some really frustrating times with not catching. Everything may be right and it still doesnt go your way, thats carp fishing for you! What I would say is look at all aspects of your fishing and just experiment with different things such as length of hooklink, bait size, but dont forget the most important things such as location. Just keep at it and i'm sure the results will come. Hope that helps in some way.

Good luck!

Jonboy

lpoollad - where are you fishing ? Is it classed as a runs water or a difficult 'big fish' water? What bait are you currently using? Are you pre-baiting? Do you throw bait in by hand/catapult or do you fish stringers/pva bags? Give us a bit more info mate and we'll be able to point you in the right direction !!:)

i have tried to find features but other than casting towards lily pads reeds or to the margins that is all ive done and once im set up not into moving but not a prob changing were bait is placed

Never used the new Dynamite range but have heard good things mate, so stick with them. I only ever fish with 2 rods and very, very rarely have the same methods/rigs/baits on both. 2 rods = 2 options in my opinion !! Stick with your PVA bag mixture and bottom bait (try smaller baits mate, you'd be surprised how many big fish munch on small food items!!). Try luncheon meat on the other rod, with a handful or two of trout pellets. It's a combination that has always worked well for me. Try a short stiff rig (about 4-6 inches) on one rod and a longer supple rig (about 8 - 12 inches) on the other. If things aint working you've gotta be prepared to change. Don't follow the crowds be a bit different mate and you'll soon start finding a unique and confident way of fishing. Good luck with your carp fishing. There's loads of fellas on here that will offer you help you've just gotta be prepared to ask !!:wink:

A running rig is basically a lead that isn't fixed on the line, it can slide freely. Go in to your local tackle shop and ask them to help you out and show you what the running rig consists of. I personaly don't think a running rig would make much difference to you catching. Try concentrating on smaller bait sizes, and maybe you could try putting out a lot of bait out instead of just pva bags.

good luck mate

:) :) :)8)