help where to fish in france

zone484

need some helpful advice if possible. would like to go fishing in france within next 3 months with a couple of mates would like lake to are self..been a few times before and have not had the best of times, size of fish and rubbish drives would like advice on good waters not to far down 3 hours at most from poole or portsmouth :

Chateux Lake in Poitinviniere near Rialle. Great lake but not exclusive so wont have it to yourselves. It is a big lake though with great head of carp to 50lb+. A nature reserve is at one end and there is an island which can be fished from. Ken Townley of carpworld magazine fame fished it a lot and said it was one of his favourite lakes, he even run an article over 2months for the magazine. I have fished it and it was good, I shared the lake with a frenchman and two dutch lads and we all became good friends. It is a day ticket water with night fishing. the largest city nearby is Nantes where you will find the largest tackle shop/hyper market you have ever seen akin to a super sized B&Q but just selling fishing tackle:D

im going to blavet valley lakes on the 20th june, spent my birthday there last year, awesome place, and i was told berny has a few spaces in aug if your interested, a fe guys have pulled out, might be worth giving it a look, not easy hauling fishing, but the rewards are there to be caught