Carp r us ???? Mag aligner

terryf59

Not sure wether it was Carp r us, but did anyone ever get round to using their mag aligner? I remember a way back lots of people was saying it was going to be huge yada yada, because of the extra grooves they had put on the maggot, meaning it would catch better.

Does, Did anyone use it? Thought it was just a fad at the time, seeing as ones without grooves had been on the market for an age.

(seeing as the forum is dead, thought it may give someone something to discuss)

I've used the Fake Maggot Line Aligner using fake maggot to disguise the hook:

MagLinealignerwithhair.jpg

but never the Mag Aligner with just the Fake Maggot.

I actually found I didn't get as many hook-ups for some reason, but that is probably down to me fishing like a numpty :?:roll:

Incidentally in that pic, it is scanned so the Angle from Top of the maggot with the line is not normally as severe, but the scanner lid pressed down on the maggot.

Thread moved to UK Rig Tying

Nick, i found i had fewer pick ups too :?:x

especially when i fished it with boilies on the hair, i think it was due to small fish picking up the maggot and knocking the hook around, blunting the point as the waters i did fish contained quite a few smaller fish.

I did find it was an advantage when fishing the method though, with 2 fake maggots mounted length-ways along the hair aswell as the fake maggot mounted on the hook over the eye (i did not use the special mag aligner versions for the hook eye, because i felt the normal fake maggots negated the weight of the hook due to being semi bouyant!). I think it had an advantage here because it made the bait more balanced and the little fish were bullied out of the area by the larger target fish, be they carp, tench or bream ( :shock::lol: ).