Celtic Lakes Resort

Just took a trip over to Lampeter today to have a look at Celtic Lakes. Me and a mate are looking for a new water to target this year and as Celtic Lakes is so close to us it seems like the ideal place.

Wasn't anybody fishing there today so i didnt get chance to sus the place out. I was just wondering if anybody has had any experience here and could give me any advice on how to tackle the place. Any tips would be greatfully received.

chris

• 4 months later...

done a few sessions on this lake now and its a fantastic lake and the fish are in mint condition. lake 6 has the bigger carp in along with catfish. if you speak to gary the bailiff he will tell you whats what, he was a real big help on our trip there and point you in the right direction. ill be heading there for a few winter sessions.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up doing a good 25 nights there this year trying to juggle it in with my regular water. Was a good bit of fun but i was mainly targeting the Cats. Got to know Gary, John, and Vanity (Rich haha...) quite well. Overall it's an entertaining place but to be fair John has got the complete wrong end of the stick in what he is trying to achieve there. I listened to him spout so many times about how he wants to turn it into "Wales Premier Carp Water", and to be honest, with the stocking policy he has commited himself to that is never going to happen (i have manged a 27lb 12oz common - but thats after wading through hundreds of small doubles). As for the fish being in pristine condition i couldn't disagree more. Ive pointed out dead fish floating to John on no less than 5 seperare occassions (both lakes 6 and 5), and the majority of fish i have caught from lake 6 have had horrible mouth damage. Ive talked with Gary extensively about this and Pat also and we all agree that the barbless hook rule needs to be dropped ASAP. So many fish with enormous tears both in their mouths and underneath.

I will be returning for the Cats next year as Rich seems to think he's the daddy with them at the moment and ive made it my personal mission to put Vanity in his place :D

But as for the carp i wont be bothering again. It's a real shame. Celtic has the potential to be a very nice water, but unfortunatly John has his priotities all wrong. Oh well...