Lac Serenity

fumanchu

Afternoon Guys

Only 8 weeks until my Lac Serenity trip so am looking for as much information on the lake as possible! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Have done a lot of searching the net but with only little success!

And hopefully the weather will have sorted itself out by then too!

Thanks in advance

Stu

Thanks a lot for the reply!

If you could track that copy of Carpworld down, that would be great! From what I have found the place sounds amazing, with as you say great hosts! Also the pictures of the lake look awesome, I might not even bait my hooks!

Thanks again

Stu

I can find out whatever you want to know. Like I say, Tony is my old man.

Great stuff, cheers matey!!!

Well all the general stuff really:

Tactics

Rigs

Baiting

Best areas

Underwater features

Lakebed

Anything you can tell me would be a big help! Cheers

Stu

spoke to my dad, best bet is getting hold of Ken. He has done a reasonable amount of time on there. no shelf life boilies. my dad gets bait made by a UK company which he sells at the lake which works well. obviously it gets piled in there more than any other so would be a good start. you can always give him a call if you are worried about your preperation, he wont mind giving you some advice.

0844 2320076

• 2 weeks later...
Done a week at the end of march.fished light leads ,snowman with one glugged got the best results,Weather was very changeable the fish make themselves known so follow if can

Cheers matey! Great info that is!! Out of interest, what did you catch?

When you say light leads? How light? Did you PVA bag or just spod?

Thanks in advance

Stu

Cool, cheers James! Let us know how you get on and what is working best! Really trying to do my homework on this one because I think its going to be the only week Ill be able to get out this year!

No worries Stevyice - Im out there from the 24th for a week so will let you know how it goes!

Cheers

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

just returned from lac serenity, superb place, tony and ali cant do enough for you. 6 of us had lake only 1 serious carper and 5 pleasure fisherman. we caught 1000lb of fish 44lb cat, 40lb mirror, 9 or 10 30lb plus, all of us except serious carper smashed pb. onsite bought boilies work well, good bed of hemp seed and corn then sit and wait

just returned from lac serenity, superb place, tony and ali cant do enough for you. 6 of us had lake only 1 serious carper and 5 pleasure fisherman. we caught 1000lb of fish 44lb cat, 40lb mirror, 9 or 10 30lb plus, all of us except serious carper smashed pb. onsite bought boilies work well, good bed of hemp seed and corn then sit and wait

Hey Buddy well done sounds like you had a greast week!!!

what hook baits were catching bottems or pop ups?

were the fish coming from the margins or open water?

hope we have similar results

glad you all had a good week. hope the van didnt blow up on the way home!

glad you all had a good week. hope the van didnt blow up on the way home![/quot :( hi james van did breakdown 40 miles from le havre had to leave loz & steve with it they got towed next day to ferry then to home good old AA .

Hey Buddy well done sounds like you had a greast week!!!

what hook baits were catching bottems or pop ups?

were the fish coming from the margins or open water?

hope we have similar results

hi stevyice

snowman baits seem to work best, i caught 44lb cat on two pop ups anchored about 4 inches.

we caught carp on single boilies and tiger nuts but not a single bite on halibut pellets.

we even caught a 30lber on a float in the margins above feeding bubbles.

try to flirt with the lilly pads dangerous but productive.

hope you have as much fun and action we did. good luck

glad you all had a good week. hope the van didnt blow up on the way home![/quot ]

youre joking!! what a gutter. check your oil before filling it up is the lesson of the day!!

Im on Lac Serenity on the 7th June, any new news. Tony has just sent me the pictures of the new common record 44lb, looks a fantastic fish. Im after his twin brother hopefully.

I will be trying the snowmen, and have also ordered the hemp on the back of this forum. Does anyone know if you can use fake corn on the hook?

Ill email Tony to find out as well.

Caveman