Best Bait For Tong Norton

Most baits are banned and the bailiffs are pretty strict so be careful, with the night fishing now banned catching the carp will be a very difficult job as it was mega hard before that. I would go in on maize and corn but be prepared for the Bream and a lot of time in chasing the carp.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was part of wulac last year. I will tell you a bit about all three pools...

swan pit- lots of carp in here. luncheon meat, maggots, corn and halibut pellets pellets all catch carp here. To avoid roach and skimmers luncheon meat or pellets should be used. Sunflower oil is also great here, try meat or halibut pellet soaked in it..

Church pool- best fishing is from may- mid july (too many lillies in august). luncheon meat produces best results.

Tong norton mere- maggots used regular on this venue, pellets soaked in some kind of mussel or similar additive. Good results can be had if you put the time in here. Fish towards the end of the mere by the reeds and cast over to the other side. Carp seem to go there.

• 9 years later...

Hi lads, I’ve recently joined WULAC and have been fishing the mere. I’m just wondering whether any of you still fish the lake? I’m just after some information really as I’ve been struggling, I had one take on my second session on there but it bumped pretty much as soon as I lifted in to it. Any tips or pointers would be great. Tight lines.