elstow pit 2

hello their,just wondering if anyone has fished pit 2.ive been reading various posts and their doesnt seem to be many anglers from beds herts area,which is quite surprising due to all the water loacally.i have some info so i wont be fishing blind but any tips would be much appriciated.cheers

It's a water that I'm thinking about myself for maybe next year or the one after that. The only advice i can dish out is don't dismiss the deep water.

I was going to give it a crack this year but transport is a BIG problem plus i also want to get a few under my belt before i take on a challenge like that. :)

Good luck mate , maybe you'll catch it at 50 which would be awesome. :D

Oh and welcome to the forum :wink:

ive herd that its deep in places to depths of 45 foot but i think its like an upturned egg box, you can find 15 foot at 100 yards etc spodin to these spots have produced fish.but lakes like this personaly i think i would have better success fishing shallows.some swims are about 25 foot in margins but i think their are some known spots.i remember fishin pit 1 20 years ago, its changed a bit since then.

You're not wrong mate. One of the reasons for me wanting to join pit 2 is to get on pit 1 . The stock it has is simply amazing, as for the topography of pit 2, well that's beyond me as i have no experience of the place but hopefully i will pretty soon. My experiences of plumbing clay pits has normally resulted in me finding that they're pretty uniform on the bottom and any variations in depth are very slight . Perhaps pit 2 is an exception to this though.

p.s have you searched on the carp forum as there is an article about pit 2 on there :wink: you sound pretty clued up on the place already though. :)

i think the majority of anglers join pit2 with pit 1 their main objective which is fair play.like you say the fish pit 1 holds is unbelievable.i know pit 2 was stoked not so long ago and their are some monsters to be caught.as for pit 1 i cant be doin with rotas,mega sessions the 3 year wait ,and all the politics of pit 1.im going to do a smsh and grab on pit 2 short sessions stalkin surface and hopefully have a good un.cheers ill check the article out on the forum.

I didn't even know about pit 1 until i enquired about pit 2, the icing on the cake so to speak :D . The main reason for me being interested is down to an article by Steve Webb in Carpworld, he had a photo with the fish, it blew my mind and since then it's been a pipe dream to hold it myself :)

Hopefully you get what you're after , good luck , Seleb. :wink:

• 2 months later...

pit 2 is a nut buster mate!! but dont neglect the deep water, my pb (35.08) was out of 52 ft from a peterborough syndicate! and if you do get on pit1 be careful, ive had 2 mates kicked off for upsetting the local! (by catching fish, that is) the stock is trully amazing tho, just ask yourself where do you go after that tho!!!!! :roll:

• 4 months later...